Still don't have service and out $220 from walking into Boost Mobile in one go.

Highlighted

Still don't have service and out $220 from walking into Boost Mobile in one go.

Today 10-19-17 I went into the 1560 Biddle Rd., Medford, OR, 97504 location because I saw an advertisement for 2 lines for $50 on the window. We checked my exact address which is at Eagle point , OR, 97524 and found that I was in the "Coverage" area and they told me I would have "no problem, sending texts or being on 3g internet".

The whole process with signing up for this and porting my numbers over took a little over an hour and a half. After paying $209.99 for two phones and two lines. I took the phones to my house, lo'and behold I have no reception here. I call them up and they trouble shooted how to update the phone reception and phone firmware to make sure its getting a good signal. This did nothing for the reception.

I drove all the way back to this location in the rain, the same day, and Leon got on the phone and told me customer service "fixed the phones, and it was good to go". I then drove all the way back home (this is over a 30 mile round trip), and find out that nothing has changed and my reception completely dead.. and absolutely cannot send a text or phone call, compared to my previous cell phone company which was US Cellular I was at least able to send a text through them. Now they tell me that even though I was mislead with your information of coverage on your "reception map" that they would not refund my $50 for the month of service EVEN though I did not use this service because the phones simply didn't work where I was told they would , at my home. Also they said there would be a $25 restocking fee for the phones x2.

All in all now just from your side of things I will be out $100. That doesn't even count having to go back to US Cellular of which I have to pay $35 for each phone to activate new lines for it. That is a total of a $170 loss because of your misleading cellphone reception coverage, and this is also after recently paying for my US Cellular phone bill of $35 x2 which I also cant get back.

That is a $220 loss now because I walked into your store. I would in the very least like a full refund, and a refund on the service for being told I would receive a service of which I did not receive at my home where I live and send a lot of my texts with my previous cell phone company.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, pwam86. How about we take a closer look at this? Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

Highlighted

Thank you for this information. We are processing a refund for the payment you did due to no coverage. Can you please provide us a contact number for us to complete your refund escalation?

Highlighted

I will have to return the phones too and they will also be charging me a $25 restocking fee for both. 

Not sure which number you are referring to. 

I also sent you this in a DM.

Highlighted

Thank you for this information. The refund case escalation has been submitted. The process takes from 7 to 14 business days for you to receive the refund check via email and most of time varies due to processing time of your check and delivery time. Your refund case id is 185118770 for more information.