Service disabled

Enthusiast

Service disabled

I have an LG Tribute HD and 2 days ago i restarted my phone. When the lock screen came on so did the service disabled banner. My mobile data would not turn on. I'd go to setting mobile data and try to slide the button to on it stayed gray and never moved. I called customer service. The 1st lady I spoke with had me reset the network. Nothing. Under the systems update in setting she had me update the profile. Authentication error code 10. After almost an hour she says she's transferring me to a manager. She transferred me to LG support after explaining my problem he said he could not help me it was a Boost mobile problem. My 2nd call to CS ended up the same way after I repeatedly told him I already talked to someone there who said it was a Boost issue. He had me download my data to SD card and factory reset my phone. I did. Still no service. He said he was transferring me to a manager. I said don't send me to LG they can't help me. Oh no ma'am I wont. HE DID!! By now I'm upset. I don't call back. Today I made my 3rd and final call to CS. This lady informed me there was a tower down and being repaired that my phone should be working by 6pm. Nope. Nothing. Still no service. So I went to walmart spent $160 bucks and bought a new phone because I can't get my Boost phone unlocked since it hasn't been a year. It's aggravating when someone who is there to help can't so they pawn you off to someone else.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Groupie

I have the same phone and the same exact thing has happened to me. Its terrible that the only way to fix this is to get a new phone and customer service doesnt even understand that so they just send you to LG.

Highlighted
Agent

Hi broberts33!

The No Service problem is usually caused by a bad IMEI number. Please go to Settings> About Phone> Status> IMEI. If it says 'null or unknown', then LG needs to restore the IMEI configuration. Please let us know.

EdwinRG.