Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Go to solution
Highlighted

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Will Boost Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or will we be able to use the Sprint Note 8 with Boost?

52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Dude!!!

I spoke to service reps multiple times before purchasing my sprint note 8 and they told me best practice to use was to get a sprint phone they work. And that a note 8 from the major carriers that was unlocked would work.

I blew money on a note 8 that was unlocked and from sprint thinking it was some form of double insurance. Nope. Became a double negative. Does not work on boost...and the sprint service rep told me it was unlocked domestically and internationally. Will work on any provider. Just tell them it is unlocked. I was speaking of boost mobile to her and that was what she told me...And yet boost...

You do not have any method of making it function? I saw someone on xda state they had one on boost (from sprint) but were having lte plus issues.

Would it matter if my software version from sprint is from April instead of July?

Which sim card from the sim kit is supposed to go in these phones anyway?

The person who tried activating it put in a 2016 sim card. Would the one that says 2017 be better?
Highlighted
Community Manager

@holytoledo wrote:
Dude!!!

I spoke to service reps multiple times before purchasing my sprint note 8 and they told me best practice to use was to get a sprint phone they work. And that a note 8 from the major carriers that was unlocked would work.

I blew money on a note 8 that was unlocked and from sprint thinking it was some form of double insurance. Nope. Became a double negative. Does not work on boost...and the sprint service rep told me it was unlocked domestically and internationally. Will work on any provider. Just tell them it is unlocked. I was speaking of boost mobile to her and that was what she told me...And yet boost...

You do not have any method of making it function? I saw someone on xda state they had one on boost (from sprint) but were having lte plus issues.

Would it matter if my software version from sprint is from April instead of July?

Which sim card from the sim kit is supposed to go in these phones anyway?

The person who tried activating it put in a 2016 sim card. Would the one that says 2017 be better?

If it is a Sprint Note 8, then no it cannot be activated on Boost.  Only the Note 2 and Note 3 from Sprint can be activated on Boost.  All Sprint phones that can be activated on Boost are listed here.

With that said, if it is a Note 8 SE purchased from Samsung, then it can be activated on Boost.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Do let your parent company know that because they were scared of losing or bleeding customers from Sprint to Boost Mobile, they lost a customer from Boost. I am going with an mvno that tells me they can activate my phone. Riddikulus!

I was with Boost for 6+ years...time to move on.