Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Go to solution
Highlighted

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Will Boost Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or will we be able to use the Sprint Note 8 with Boost?

52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Agent

Hello kungpaoshizi! Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we don't have information about when it will be available. Keep visiting our website https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/. Any announcement will be first on our page.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I wish I had researched it first.

Now I have a Note 8 in a drawer, at home, waiting for Boost service. : (
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @Laffnatu. Unfortunately, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is not eligible to activate on Boost Mobile. We truly apologize.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Just an update:  Though Boost is not carrying the Note 8 at this time the "Open Market" version available through Samsung and some retailers can be activated on Boost Mobile.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

What do u mean by "open market"?
Highlighted
Accomplice

I called customer service and asked about "open market" version and she had no clue what I was taking about.

Still confused....
Highlighted
Agent

Hi Laffnatu! The Open Market version of a phone would be the version of the device that comes unlocked from the factory (not bound to any carrier), usually obtained directly from the manufacturer.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks.
I have the unlocked version. Still wont activate. Tried myself online twice and have talked to rep twice.. still no go.
Highlighted
Agent

You would need to complete the Bring your own program process at a store. Did you take it to a Boost mobile store to get a compatible SIM card and add the phone to our systems?

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have new sims card and have had boost service for several years. I havent gone into a boost store since I received sims card.