SMS problem

Highlighted
Accomplice

SMS problem

I posted this same message on Sprint's forums:

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Network-Coverage/SMS-problem/m-p/964928

I have an interesting problem with SMS that does not seem to apply to MMS. I also have random data issues. Location is 12508 and 12524. Phone is LG Stylo 3. Important to know, across the river in 12553, my phone picked up the signal from 12508, cross county and across the river. NOT good. Horrible signal even outside and worthless data, just to note. Tried cycling and airplane on and off there, same connection, did nothing. 

Now I have, and continue, to update my PRL and profile, and restart the phone. Yeah yeah, I've even taken the battery out for a few minutes. All apps are up to date. Firmware is up to date. Phone software is update to date. I will even try another factory reset eventually, but I don't feel like it now because the side effects of my issues point to a tower-related problem, not to an isolated phone issue. I just am not traveling enough to get on another tower and verify my phone works fine elsewhere.

Issues

1.) SMS messages send within 5 seconds, perfectly fast and normal. They take about 45-90 seconds to receive from both myself and from others. Every. Single. Time. Totally unacceptable. Texts, especially SMS messages, should generally receive as fast as they send. One would expect MMSes to be problematic, but no. This is an SMS problem. 

2.) To contrast, MMS messages send and receive normally. Also unrelated, but to note, I've had no issues with calls. 

3.) Data cuts out randomly. This leads to the expected side effects. Buffering issues, webpages having to be reloaded, etc. I am on Band 41 with, according to a third party app, carrier aggregation. These problems are almost exclusively on B41 (95% of the time), rarely on B26 (800), and never on B25 (1900). In my opinion, this is a tower issue that seriously needs to be investigated. There is an honest problem with texting, and B41 Spark/Plus is way too sensitive. B25 is so flawless, I don't understand why when I am indoors or in weaker areas that it has to try to stay on Spark so hard when the signal I get is so inferior. When I go to parts of my house that drop it down to B25, it is literally the best data experience I've had at my house. When I get towards the windows or better areas, it's like I'm back on T-Mobile or Verizon with the slow data and constant dropping. 

I would sincerely appreciate if this report can get passed on and looked into. Please let me know if anymore information is needed. I do not use social media. Tell me where else to contact if you feel it is appropriate that I follow up with someone. Otherwise, I hope this gets seen. 

Thank you. 

--

I received message that Sprint has closed cases regarding to the zips and cross-locations that I indicated in a private message. 

If this does not get back opened, I will be forced to continue to use a network that is broken and does not work as intended. 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Groupie

I will get "message not sent for any SMS I try to send and also can't text pictures of any kind. I'm usin Samsung j3 emerge as a boost customer. This happens both on data and wifi
Fly With Me ~
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, Scarface0527. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and pin to verify?

Highlighted
Groupie

How do I do that? I'm honestly new to all of this
Fly With Me ~