Re: Start here for Samsung Galaxy S9/9+ FAQS

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: Start here for Samsung Galaxy S9/9+ FAQS

I just got off the phone with customer service and they told me that the sin cards for S9 doesn't have a release date as of yet for Boost. He said the rumor is they may be out as of the first week of April. I don't understand why this statement was made by him and his superior if you are stating they will be available 03/16/18.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Groupie

Please tell me why is it that boost have all the colors in the iPhones, but you can only get jet black in the s8 & s9 samsung
Highlighted
Community Manager

Honestly, we're not in on the reasoning behind color choice, besides counting on one color to be more popular than another.  I do get that desire for a little color in your life and if that's a really big deal to you, you can activate one of the unlocked versions in any color on Boost.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So... this leaves me with a few questions.

would this Samsung Galaxy 9+ Special Edition be available on Samsung's website?  Are the words "special edition" just another way of saying that you could simply just buy an Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ off of Samsung's website?

If someone were to say, buy a Factory Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ (of any color) off of Samsung's website, would they be able to activate the device with Boost Mobile? 

I am mainly asking because the whole "Samsung Galaxy S9 special edition" wording make it sound like there will be a version of the s9 that is separate from the unlocked version. I don't want to drop the $839.99 on Samsung's website if I find out that I can't activate the unlocked version of the Samsung Galaxy S9+ at Boost Mobile.

I remember in the past buying a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Bestbuy for example as they claimed it was a Boost Mobile phone but then I found out that it was a Sprint Prepaid device and thus couldn't be activated at Boost Mobile at all. I had to return that phone and buy it again at Boost Mobile which was not much of a problem. But nevertheless, you can probably understand why I am kind of iffy of preordering the S9+ Unlocked off of Samsung's website.

Basically what I am trying to ask is...

Samsung Galaxy S9+ Special Edition = Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Unlocked)?

Samsung Galaxy S9 special edition and Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Unlocked) are one and the same?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Yes, @707 the Special Edition Samsung S9 and S9+ are the factory unlocked versions available from Samsung's website and both should be eligible for activation with Boost Mobile on 3/16/18. 

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Am confused as well customer service is like on a whole different page than what i see people saying here