Re: Direct Carrier Billing Error

Enthusiast

My billing cycle reset yesterday, but I am still unable to use the Direct Carrier Billing for in-app purchases. I receive the same messege :

Payment Unsuccessful

This Purchase would put you over your premium content spending limit. If you are the person responsible for paying this account, please dial *2 from your device to make a payment on your account.

I have attempted now purchases of $19.99, $4.99, and even just $0.99 receiving the same message! I have more than sufficient funds to cover the purchases stated, and have made similar purchases within the same app successfully! It has absolutely NOTHING to do with Google Play, and I have an email from them stating my accout is in great standings with them, so there should be nothing preventing my purchases!

If it is the intention of Boost Mobile to prevent all third party billing using DCB, just quit lying about it as it is extremely frustrating! Otherwise, fix the issues and quit pointing fingers anywhere else!

P.S. Train your support team in the Phillippines about DCB, because they are truly clueless!

33 REPLIES 33
Agent

@Flowme911 Good morning @Flowme911. We apologize for the inconvenience. Keep in mind that we've a limit of $50 per month on the Direct Carrier Billing. We'd like to go ahead and investigate. Would you be so kind to send us a "Private Message" with your phone and PIN number so we can review the charges?

~ Joy P.

~ Joy P.
Enthusiast

I understand this Joy, however if you would have read the very first line of my post, you would have realized that MY MONTHLY BILLING CYCLE RESET on the 26th of June...yet here we are now on the 28th of June, and I still CANNOT use DCB as my payment method to make in-app purchases! I will not private message you, as I feel this matter needs a public solution since I am obviously not the only customer experiencing this issue! Why, if my monthly billing cycle reset on 6/26/2017, can I not use DCB as my payment method when it is 6/28/2017, and the purchases I am attempting are LESS than $50 and I have more than sufficient funds in my Boost Mobile balance? Furthermore, my DCB spending for last month totals $47.87, yet I still cannot even make a $0.99 purchase which would still total LESS than the $50 cap that you claim is responsible! Something is not right, and either you are hiding it to cover up the issue, or just too lazy to fix it! I am very disappointed with this service at the moment!

Agent

@Flowme911 Would you be so kind to send us a "Private message" so we can further assist you?

~ Joy P.

~ Joy P.
Enthusiast

Private message sent...issue has not been magically resolved because of it as of yet! :/

Agent

Thank you for the information. Please update the phone profile due to the new payment cycle. Go to Settings> System Update> Update profile. Victor21

Enthusiast

Updated the profile successfully, which prompted a restart. All systems on my device are now fully updated, over 48-hours into the new monthly billing cycle, more than sufficient balance in my Boost Mobile account, Third Party billing setting is set to opted-in, Google Play states there are no issues or blocks on my account...attempted to make an in-app purchase after checking all of these factors!

Result:

Payment Unsuccessful

This Purchase would put you over your premium content spending limit. If you are the person responsible for paying this account, please dial *2 from your device to make a payment on your account.

Accomplice

I am having this same problem and I've updated and reset my phone with every instruction I can find in this community faq
Agent

Hi Mashdcub.

Below you'll see our general rules for the DCB program.

• Google Play will not allow a single Bill to Account transaction exceed 50.00.
  • Boost has set a limit to all transactions, one-time or multiple, for Bill To Account Transaction to 50.00 per month.
  • Customers wanting to make a single purchase that exceed the 50.00 limit must chose to pay by credit card to complete the transaction.

We hope this information helps.

EdwinRG.

Accomplice

No this does not help I'm not trying to make a purchase over $50.00. Im trying to figure out why I can't use DCB when my billing cycle has just renewed and i have plenty of funds on my account.