RETURN/REFUND

Accomplice

RETURN/REFUND

I just went to the boost mobile store. 8222 parallel parkway Kansas City KS. And I qualified for the upgrade. When I walked in she was kinda rude and short with me but i got the stylo 3 because she said it had the best camera. She said it was better then the phone I had. While being checked out she was on her phone snap chatting and not even offering me warenty or anything. After purchasing it I just don't like it. I like my zte xl. It is the same. Actually better with battery life. I HAVENT even put anything on the phone. It's still the way she gave it to me. Went In to the store on state because I was already headed home. And they said they do returns but I wouldn't qualify for the upgrade. Which whatever. The xl is cheaper anyways. But they said I have to go back to the store I got it. I did and she rudely said no I can't do any type of return. I said what I was told at the other store with out saying I went to the other store and she still said no. She said I can buy that one full price but I don't get ANY money back at all.
2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Hmm – that doesn’t sound right, @Laceyjojones. Let’s take a closer look! Did you go back to the store within our 7-day return policy? Bear in mind that, stores are supposed to offer you a return, if the phone is returned within 7 days, from date of purchase.

Accomplice

Yes I did. I went back with in the hour of me purchasing the phone. And she told me no.
I ask I can't even just switch it out for the zte full price.
And she said I could buy the zte full price and keep the other one.