Porting number out AND in

Go to solution
Enthusiast

Re: Porting number out AND in

I contacted Boost Mobile to get my number ported over to my employer, Cellcom. All information was given to Boost Mobile. It has been over 36 hours and my Boost Mobile account and number are still active.
Which means that Boost Mobile hasn't completed the steps necessary on their end.
I was told by 2 Boost Mobile Reps that the port would be completed in 24 hours or less.
Why hasn't this been completed?
I think it's poor customer service when steps are not followed through accurately, especially when the customer has required verification that they would be.
Agent

That's strange. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to take a look into this.

Enthusiast

Thank you Hamilton, I sent you the info via Private Message.
Groupie

My number transferred over but my phone still isn’t working
Highlighted
Agent

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Zhaneb94. What happens when you try to make a phone call? Do you get any errors?

Groupie

Yes it says my phone is roaming
Agent

Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

Groupie

I have had boost before and I ported over to cricket and now I'm at TMobile I wanted to Port my number back to boost but they say I can't . Is there anyway around this ? If I change my number then try would it work?
Agent

To switch your number from another company, you have to contact us with the phone number, PIN or password, and the account number. Sometimes you'll have to call your carrier to get the account number and PIN. With that information, we request your number to be switched. It usually takes 15 min - 4 hrs (although it could be up to 24 hrs).

Groupie

I'm being told by my boost store that my number is not able to be ported over