Porting number out AND in

Go to solution
Groupie

Porting number out AND in

I recently started a new job and I'd like to port my Boost Mobile number OUT to my company phone, and my wife would like to port her number IN (from Republic Wireless) and take over my Boost phone and plan. (Everything can still be in my name, if that's an issue.)

I can't find any threads on my situation. What's the best way to start this process? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Porting number out AND in

That is correct. By porting the number into the account, in order to keep the plan and balance, the current number would be replaced and lost in the process. The phone can be reactivated with her number once your port out is completed, since the phone will be not be attached to an account anymore. (there will be a $10 reactivation fee extra to the first month of service).

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, thanks for contacting us. When the number is ported out, the account and plan are cancelled. Other than that, your number can be ported out and hers can be ported in, but independently.

To port a number over to Boost, you have to provide us with the phone number, PIN or password, and account number.

Groupie

Thanks for your response. 

Just to confirm, the following two statements are true? 

• If I port my number out first, the account will be closed.
  • If I port my wife's number into my account, I will lose my current number.

If so, my best option is to simply port my number out, close my account and start a new account for her? Will she be able to use the phone that is currently on my Boost account?

Thanks again for your help.

Agent

That is correct. By porting the number into the account, in order to keep the plan and balance, the current number would be replaced and lost in the process. The phone can be reactivated with her number once your port out is completed, since the phone will be not be attached to an account anymore. (there will be a $10 reactivation fee extra to the first month of service).

Groupie

Hello, I need help getting my account number for porting. CAn you help me?

Agent

Hi, nateridesred! We replied to your private message.

Enthusiast

Can i also get help with porting my number please?
Agent

Hi there, @Wyzdom87! We can definitely help you out with that. Please, send us a private message with the following information:

1. Name and last name.
2. Full address, including zip code.
3. Porting phone number.
4. Porting account number.
5. Porting PIN/password.
6. MEID/DEC number and UICC/SIM card number of the Boost Mobile phone that you would like to activate.
7. Price plan that you would like to have with Boost Mobile.
8. 4 Digit PIN that you would like to have with Boost Mobile.

Groupie

I also need assistance porting my Sprint phone number to boost mobile
Agent

Hi there, Jduffy423! We’ve got you covered. Please send us a Private Message with the phone number and PIN of both your Virgin Mobile account and Sprint account.

~Nosh_CxUx