Porting from Virgin Mobile

Highlighted
Accomplice

Porting from Virgin Mobile

Hello,

I was speaking with a Virgin Mobile representative to port my number and device over to Boost Mobile. He said I'm all set and that I just needed to contact Boost Mobile to continue the process. Any help would be appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Porting from Virgin Mobile

Hi there, Spacebar. Do you still need assistance? If so, we'd have to check your account. Please, send us a private message with the phone number and PIN.

Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information. Yes, the number is already ported and ready to use. Remember to program your phone with these steps:

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on

- Settings > Wi-Fi > Off

- Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On

2. Check signal strength (3 bars, or 60% is recommended)

3. From the dial pad enter ##72786# (press "ok" when prompted)

4. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. That should take about 3 minutes, and then calls and data services should work.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I followed those steps, and the phone rebooted a couple times and it said the updates were successful, but it still says Virgin Mobile at the top of my phone, and going to the My Account app also shows Virgin Mobile.

Highlighted
Agent

We're going to make the porting process one more time. Do you have a Boost Mobile cellphone?  If so, please send us the serial number, desired price plan, and desired 4-digits PIN number.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I don't have a Boost Mobile phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 that's associated with Virgin Mobile. Should I order the Boost phone I want and then try the porting again once I receive it?

Highlighted
Agent

Yes, that's correct. You can migrate the number, but not the cellphone.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ok I ordered a phone from Boost. When it's delivered do I follow the steps you told me earlier? Or are there additional steps to take?

Highlighted
Agent

You could contact us to make the phone swap, or you could also do it yourself by accessing your account online with your phone number and PIN.

Highlighted
Accomplice

The thing is I don't have an account with Boost. When I tried seeing if I had an account my PIN from Virgin wouldn't fit into the login box because it seems to be a maximum of 4 characters. My PIN from Virgin is 6. How would I create an account with Boost because I don't see an option to do so.