Need help activating a LG G6+

Groupie

Need help activating a LG G6+

I got the unlocked phone from amazon, ordered a BYO kit, inserted the SIM, and no matter what IMEI, MEID, etc I try (using the info in About Phone, printed on the back of the phone, or via *#06#) I get "Device does not appear to be eligible for activation.".  It's a NIB unlocked phone, so should be ready to go.

I get a decent signal.  I tried with wifi on; I tried with wifi off; mobile data is on.  I tried updating the PRL via dialer (no luck).

Any help would be great!

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Need help activating a LG G6+

Hey there @ReverendOlaf Unfortunately, this device is not authorized to be activated with us. Therefore, the device is not compatible with our network.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

Thank you for the reply.  I saw it listed Sprint as a compatible carrier--does Boost have a different set of supported devices?  

Agent

Hello, @ReverendOlaf. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us today. Unfortunately not all of the Sprint phones are compatible with Boost Mobile. For more information, please access the following link: https://www.boostmobile.com/?ID16=spot1:All:sprint#!/support/faq/phones-devices/activate-a-sprint-ph... . -Kira_M.