Migrate Sprint phone number and device to Boost

Highlighted
Groupie

Migrate Sprint phone number and device to Boost

My wife and I are currently Sprint customers with separate Sprint accounts. We’d like to migrate our Sprint phone numbers and devices (which are currently active on Sprint) to Boost Mobile, hopefully into one Boost Mobile account. I plan to be the primary account owner. Please advise on how we go about with the migration. Our Billing Cycle ends on Jul 25. Thanks!
See more topics labeled with:
8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: Migrate Sprint phone number and device to Boost

Hi there bilvogir. Thank you for contacting us. We will be able to assist with your request. First we need to verify if your phones are compatible to be activate with Boost Mobile. What type of phones are they? Victor21

Groupie

I have an iPhone 6S (A1688) and my wife has an iPhone 7 Plus (A1661). Both had been used on Verizon by previous owners.
Groupie

And both devices are active on Sprint with the Sprint phone numbers we’d like to migrate to Boost.
Agent

Thank you. The phones are compatible to be used with Boost Mobile. In this case all you have to do now is get a new compatible sim card for both phones from your nearest Boost Mobile store. . Once you have the new sim cards, please contact us and we will contact the migration. 

Enthusiast

Hello, I am looking to switch to Boost from Sprint with my iPhone 6Plus and migrate my phone number. Does my iPhone need to be unlocked in order to do this? Secondly my boyfriend has ordered a Boost phone and he is going to migrate his phone number from Virgin Mobile, we would like to get a family plan. So can you please indicate the correct order of how to get all this accomplished? Should I migrate my phone and number over first then have him added to my account as a family plan? I would assume he has to activate his new phone first and then migrate the number over? I also see that below it states to get a SIM card for my Sprint phone under Boost, will that have to happen before I start the transfer process?

Agent

Hi there @ZmbiGrl83. We'd love to help you. You can transfer your number and add him after he receives the phone, that will be your choice.

Enthusiast

Thank you for that information. What about the phone, does it need to be unlocked to migrate to Boost? And it is compatible, correct?

Agent

You don't need to unlock the phone @ZmbiGrl83 as it is a compatible Sprint device.