Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Location verification issue

Highlighted
Accomplice

Location verification issue

I live in Michigan and play Michigan lottery on my phone. A few weeks ago I began getting an error from that website that my location in Michigan cannot be verified so I cannot use the website. My location shows me in Ohio. Michigan lottery agent says that they have heard from others that. Sprint tower is not working and so I am being routed to a tower in Ohio. Wondering if this is true and when the issue will be fixed. It’s not just a lotto issue, my incorrect location has caused issues with other websites and apps as well. Changing settings in my phone will not fix the issue, so please don’t suggest that. It’s been tried. As far as I know, the issue is with a Michigan tower and the answer I need is when that issue will be fixed.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Location verification issue

Sorry you’ve been experiencing this, @Krissy. Let's take a closer look. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Pipestone and Napier

Also happened in Traverse City, MI last week. Does not matter where I am, my ISP shows me in Ohio.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Is there a cell tower issue in Michigan that forces my phone to connect to an out of state tower and when will that issue be fixed.
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information. We've checked the coverage of the area and, fortunately, there are no outages over there, there's a good coverage.  

Highlighted
Accomplice

Then, Carol, please explain why my IPS address shows me in Ohio when I am in Michigan. It is not my phone, it is the tower Boost has me connecting with.
Highlighted
Agent

Looks like we’ll need to do some investigating. Can you private message us your phone number so that we can verify your account first? Thanks!

Highlighted
Accomplice

How do I PM you?
Highlighted
Agent

In order to send us a private message, please click on the the username, you will see the option to send a private message.