LG TRIBUTE 5 SYSTEM UPDATE

Accomplice

LG TRIBUTE 5 SYSTEM UPDATE

My LG Tribute 5 had an Android System Update today. I unknowingly, tapped the OK button. It said it would update and do a system restart. The little Android BOT came up and I thought all was well. I went to use the phone a few hours later and it would not turn on.

I have pressed the power button numerous times, have tried to do the reset (power + volume button), and have removed the  battery. NOTHING!

I have spoken to the LG department and it apperently is under warranty, however it will take 1-2 weeks for repair or replacement. Who can wait that long for a phone?! UGH. I am apparently eligible for an upgrade,  but no one can tell me how much of a disount I a eligible for.. If I was a new Boost customer, you would give me a phone for free just to use your service. No one is willing to help me out to keep me as a loyal customer. 

All I want is a phone! I have contacted my local Boost store, but apparently the person I spoke with is dumber than dirt because the price she quoted me was the same as the online price, plus she was charging me activation fees. UGH.

Please someone give me some help. Keep me wanting to use Boost Mobile! I know there is a special in store BOGO.... I only need one phone.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: LG TRIBUTE 5 SYSTEM UPDATE

Hello, stacydb. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us today. We have an upgrade promotion available for our existing customer. This promotion is only available at the authorized Boost Mobile stores. The free phones available are the following:

- Alcatel Dawn
- Alcatel OneTouch Conquest
- Kyocera Hydro Reach
- LG K3 
- LG Stylo 3
- LG Tribute 5
- LG Tribute HD
- LG X Power

If you'd like to locate a Boost Mobile store around your area, please access the following link: https://www.boostmobile.com/?INTNAV=TopNavRobot Frustratedtore#!/store/ . -Kira_M.

Accomplice

Thank  you. I have spoken with MANY MANY people today at the Boost Moible Customer Care. I  have asked about a free phone for existing customers. You are the only one that has mentioned that I am eligible for a free phone. I am a little upset because I have wasted an entire day for this answer. UGH!!! 

I will definately check at a Boost Mobile location tomorrow to see if the will offer me something. I was interested in gettng a better phone, but at this point, anything is better than nothing, ,right. I can upgrade to a better phone later. 

Again, ,thank you so much!

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have one more question. You listed several phones that are eligible for free for existing customers. I am interested in the LG Stylo 3. Is that available for free? I just want to make sure I know exactly what I want when I get to the store. What do I need to ask for when I get there? Will the person at the store be aware I am eligble for a free phone? Please advise me.

Thank you.

Agent

@stacydb. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M.

Accomplice

i sent a private message but i got no response. if someone is available please advise me as to the previous question,

thanks.

Agent

Sorry for the confusion, stacydb. The free phone promotion is available to New Port-in Customers only. We have the in store upgrade promotion for existing customers. You must be a Boost customer for at least 120 days and must not have activated a New/Used handset on your account within the past 120 days or performed a SIM swap to be eligible for promotional pricing. We also have the BoostUP! Phone financing exclusively for Boost Mobile customers. Choose an eligible phone, pay the down payment & applicable taxes and pay it off in 18 equal monthly payments. Sign into My Account. If you are eligible, you will see ‘You are eligible for BoostUP! Installment Billing’ in the My Device section. If you have any other question or concern, feel free to reply.

Accomplice

I am VERY UPSET!!!!! I have been told so many different things! Apparently no one is given the same information! I have a BOOST MOBILE PHONE! It crashed! It does not WORK! I have had my service with BOOST MOBILE since July or August of 2016,  I am not eligbible for BOOST UP! No one can tell me how much discount is applicable for an upgrade.

Thanks for nothing1

Agent

So sorry about the trouble and the confusion, @stacydb! The discounts available with the Upgrade promotion may vary depending on the phone you'll like to buy.
For more information about the prices, we suggest going to your nearest Boost store. You can locate your nearest Boost store by accessing this link: http://boost.co/2ve8knY.

Enthusiast

mine did same thing.  Am I eligiable for a free boost phone? As long as I been with yall and has never got any kind of promotion, nothin