Issues receiving sms from facebook and now Google!

Highlighted

Issues receiving sms from facebook and now Google!

My phone was recently stolen. Got my replacement insurance phone from the insurance company yesterday. Before all this happened i was unable to receive sms messages from facebook, and now Google as well. I use my phone for all my security checks on all my accounts so it has become very annoying. I also have tried with 2 different numbers in the past week. First Facebook now Google. If i cant get this issue resolved ill have to switch back to a different carrier. Thanks for any help. Oh and it keeps telling me my pin is incorrect wont send a new 1 gives me an error. Thanks everyone.
See more topics labeled with:
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Issues receiving sms from facebook and now Google!

Hey Mheagerty! We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please verify any of your services is malfunctioning? Are you able to call/receive calls, send/receive regular text messages and have access to the internet? Can you as well please provide us the make and model of your device?

I can make calls and receive calls. Texts as well with people seem to go through fine. Just things from fb and google (as of this morning?) Facebook sms hasn't been working since I got boost. I had thought it was an issue with my facebook but now since Google texts aren't going through I'm not sure what to think anymore. I have a samsung galaxy j3 emerge. I appreciate your assiatancw

Have you tried to uninstall and install it again?

I am having the same issue with receiving a sms code from Facebook
Agent

Hello, Me80. Thank you for contacting us. Facebook is a third-party application and they do not send as SMS to your phone unless you set up the phone to do so. When installing "messenger" (Facebook messaging tool) it will give you the option to show your messages as an SMS. We suggest you to uninstall and re-install the application and check that option. As a last resort, we can suggest that you contact the manufacturer in order to get the assistance needed.