Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

I bought an Iphone6 and it exploded in my hand

Groupie

I bought an Iphone6 and it exploded in my hand

Yes, in April I bought a preowned iPhone 6. In June it exploded in my hand. I called boost (my carrier obviously) and told them what happened. They called the incident a "defect . I then asked about my 90 day insurance policy, they told me I didn't have one & it wouldn't cover it anyway. I then got my services put on a hold until I could get a new phone. Upset with boost I went into T-Mobile today and tell them my issue & why I may switch over , they then inform me that Boost should have given me the # to the preowned 90 day insurance company AND my phones damages were covered. I called boost with this information I got from T-Mobile and NOW they tell me I have (had) a policy and give me the # to the company only for me to find out that my policy expired July 29th 2017! And that my phone could have been replaced ! Boost withheld information from me regarding my insurance policy, lied to me about coverage & withheld the # to the insurance company that they had all along (clearly if they gave it to me today )

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Re: I bought an Iphone6 and it exploded in my hand

So sorry to hear about this experience, @syn1. We want to help! Would you be so kind to send us a "Private Message", so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~ Joy P.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Groupie

I can't send a private message it won't allow me but now my phone is saying that my account cannot be validated when I try to place a call and no one can call me or text me smh I hate boost.
First the issue with the wrong information regarding my insurance claim and now this !

Highlighted
Agent

Hey, syn1. Is this happening to the phone you switched to? Did you program it already? To send a Private Message, do the following:

1. Log in

2. Click you username on the top right.

3. Click "My profile"

4. Copy and paste the user name of the person you want to private message on the search field

5. Click "users" tab

6. Choose the user, then tap "send this user a private message"

~AmyM25

~AmyM25