Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Horrible customer service

Highlighted

Horrible customer service

I stopped by your Pine Lake branch in Laporte, IN yesterday. I have an unlocked phone, OnePlus 5, that has never been on a US carrier, bought directly from the manufacturer. I wanted to use Boost since my sister and niece use your service during my visit. My phone isn't compatible with your system, which is totally fine. That doesn't bother me in the least. The attitude from the worker was atrocious. I should add for reference, I used to work at Radio Shack a bit over 10 years ago. We sold cell phones and plans. If I had acted this way, I would have been fired within the first week.

We waited our turn while the woman finished up with the people ahead of us. While talking to us, she never approached the counter. She was a good 6 feet away, standing next to her own computer the entire time until she came to get my phone to check the IMEI. I understand she needs to use her computer but standing next to it the entire time? It felt as if we had a contagious disease.

If that were the only issue, I wouldn't be writing. Maybe she is a germophobe? She was rude, dismissive to not only us but another customer, who didn't wait her turn. Honestly, I could have answered the other customer's question more clearly without the dismissive shrugs. Her question was can she put her existing SIM card in a new phone or does she have to buy a new one. She received answer A. The Sim is linked to the phone, you need a new SIM card. The customer didn't really understand so she then got answer B. Well, I'm not sure. I'll know when I play with it *big shrug* The customer left.

When we told her what we wanted, she asked which carrier I have. I told her it isn't hooked up to one and it works on multiple bands. She tried to look up my phone on a list of compatible ones but since it is an obscure maker, I told her it probably isn't on there. It seems she has never heard of cell bands before because she repeated the carrier options again. I calmly put on my own customer service smile, and explained a bit about the different bands and asked which ones Boost covers. She grabbed her phone to call someone else. They basically told her to try it and see if it works.

This is when she got my phone, looked up the IMEI in the settings. She plugged it in and it isn't showing on her computer that it works. Okay, no problem. I explain a bit to my sister what our next step is and the worker just said, "Call customer service and see if it works for them *shrug*."

The shrugging and distance added to her dismissive attitude, unwillingness to do her job, and lack of knowledge is completely unacceptable. I actually cannot remember if she was actually chewing gum with her mouth open or if my mind added that because that is how she came across.

Again, I worked in a cell phone store. I have had to tell people they need to call customer service, they have a different system than us. But NEVER have I ever treated a customer so poorly.

When I DO move back to the USA, I won't be looking into Boost as an option. I understand some people who live in this area have very few options but if this is the type of employee Boost is hiring with such poor customer relations training, I don't want to deal with the headache if I ever do need to stop by a store.

Please relay this experience to the relevant owner and manager of this Boost location. They need to train their employees and set a hard line for acceptable and unacceptable behavior.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Horrible customer service

Hey there, @Steffie183! This is definitely not a nice experience. We wish that things could have been different. Hopefully you have a different opinion about us in the future. We will make sure to send your message to the right people. Thank you.

Highlighted
Groupie

I am having a horrible experience trying to restore service to my phone. Virgin Mobile suspended my ability to make or receive calls because a broken phone had not yet been returned to them. It had only been a week since the replacement one came and my husband needed to activate it and set everything up before I was able to delete and transfer information from the old phone. I am a stay at home mom and do not go to the post office every day. I did not know I only had a few day window to mail it or I wouldve explained I needed a few more days. This morning I sent a private message to the virgin mobiles facebook page and they keep sending me a link to this community forum to have my issue resolved even after explaining the situation. I have been trying to get this issue resolved for over two hours. I have no other phone and have three young children and many important calls to make. I am very frustrated and disgusted with the lack of customer service from virgin mobile and cannot believe how dismissive they can be to their customers. I would appreciate someone helping me get my phone restored as soon as possible because this was handled very wrong and without merit. To make it right I would hope you could give a credit towards my bill for all the headache that has come from me purchasing one stinkin phone that was having hardware issues on your end from the beginning. The problem was pushed onto myself even though it was out of my control and now here I am, STILL having issues that no one wants to resolve. I always loved Virgin Mobile but the last two situations where Ive had to call about a problem have been HORRIBLY handled and makes me want to look for a better cell phone carrier.

Highlighted
Agent

Really sorry to hear about that, @ericab! We'd like to look into this. Could you be so kind to send us a private message for further help?

Highlighted
Groupie

How can I send a private message on here? Im new to this - only signed up because v mobile said this was the only way to get it resolved.

Highlighted
Agent

I've just seen your private message, we will send you a reply shortly. Thank you.