Help! I need a customer support agent to contact me

Accomplice

Help! I need a customer support agent to contact me

There's no way of speaking to a live rep on the only customer service number listed!  I found instructions as to speak with someone on the community.  IT DID NOT WORK!  In addition, the instructions were not clear whatsoever!  It disconnects no matter what... I too, just like I've seen in 100's of posts... need assistance with my new phone and have questions, however, there is basically no customer service with a live person.  If you charge the same amount as Cricket, why are there not similar services?  I can call Cricket and not only speak to a live person, but I can chat and email.  All of this and you don't have to have an account first.  This is ridiculous.  I purchased the Boost Phone and now I need to activate.  The call times out and disconnects!  This is beyond frustrating.  I found the suggestion of contacting people with a support badge in the community... however, I can't figure out how to contact that individual!  Why is it so difficult to give you business?  The only reason why I wanted to switch from Cricket to Boost was due to haveing the hotspot without paying an additional $10 per month.  Either way, at this point, I'd be receiving the exact same plan for the exact same amount that I pay through Cricket with ABSOLUTELY no customer support.  I had to leave work and go into a Boost store... when your customers shouldn't be forced into having to go out of their way and miss work!  They couldn't answer my questions either!!!!!!  They said once I activate service, I might be able to get some of my questions answered.  Huh???? I already purchased the phone.  I'm willing to switch but have questions.... This is insane!  I need assistance... PLEASE!  "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein 

11 REPLIES 11
Agent

Re: Help! I need a customer support agent to contact me

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, send us a private message to further assist you. You can send us a private message just clicking on my name and then selecting “Send this user a private message".

Frustration, Frustration! When you call, 888-266-7848 - Hit "0" about 6 times in a row. Then the system will ask you for your PIN. Hit "0" again and an agent will come on.! Always more than one way to skin a cat!

Accomplice

I tried to swap phones yesterday online. After that I tried to make a phone call and it says "your account could not be validated. Contact customer service" how do I do that without being able to use my phone. This is fustrating. I didn't use the wrong pin.
Agent

Hi there Fonjedi. So sorry for any inconvenience. Were you able to start and complete the swap online? If yes, please let us know what type of phone do you have. After completing a swap the phones needs to be reprogram with the number. Victor21

Accomplice

It said it swapped. Showed the new phone on the screen and my old one. I'm not sure if I was supposed to switch my sim card or not. My old phone was a galaxy prevail. The one I'm trying to use is a galaxy j3 6.
Highlighted
Accomplice

It said it was succesful. It showed the new phone in the current device and my old phone for last device. Was I supposed to switch out my sim card to. The phone I'm trying to use was given to me by a friend at work. It was his old boost mobile phone. The phone I was using was a galaxy prevail. The one I'm trying to use is a galaxy j3 6.
Agent

Thank you. Do not swap the sim cards. Each phone needs to use its original sim card that comes with it. Please complete the following steps on the new phone:

1. Wi-Fi off
2. Mobile Data on
3. Dial ##72786#.
4. Phone Reset Message displays. Select Reset, Done, or OK
5. The device power cycles. Allow the hands free activation to begin automatically. 
6. Device checks for PRL update. Select OK
7. Device checks for software update. Select OK. 
8. Device power cycles. Complete. 

Accomplice

Thank you. It worked. When will I be able to access my boost account online? It still says it's locked.