GM-API. Zte max xl

Highlighted
Accomplice

GM-API. Zte max xl

This is what my phone says since day one! Why?
"GM-API was unable to determine the device or the device identifier passed to GM-API is malformed or invalid...."
11 REPLIES 11
Agent

Re: GM-API. Zte max xl

Hey there, Tesla71! Sorry to hear that. Definitely want to look into this for you. Are you able to make/receive calls?

Accomplice

Yes I can receive and send text, mms and calls
Agent

Does the error show up after a certain action or at random?

Accomplice

It shows Everytime after I try to update Prl, profile, and firmware upgrades.... Also network has been slow since day one to. Someone was supposed to be working on it from a previous post Edmund, but have not heard snything
Agent

Hi there! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. Definitely wanna look into this for you. Please follow these steps to reprogram the phone. This will not delete your phone information: -Go to settings and make sure that the Wi-Fi is OFF and the Mobile data ON. -Dial ##72786#. -Phone will clear previous internal programming information and turn off then back on. -Preparing Network will appear briefly at the top of the screen. Hands Free Activation displays. - A confirmation message appears after the Hands Free activation is completed -Checking for ""PRL update” message appears. -The phone will display ""Preparing to restart device"". The device will reboot. -The phone will check for firmware update. ""No Firmware update is available"" will display. Click OK. -The Home screen will display. If the issue persists, let us know.

Accomplice

Forgot to tell y'all I do that everyday!
Agent

We understand. Allow us to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you. You can send us a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the messaging option from the profile page.

Accomplice

Already did that twice! Went into the store I purchased the phone and the rep
Said "I don't know much about what your talking about" basically said I was screwed and stuck with the phone. But he also said call the manufacturer..Really. And now all this very very poor support and customer service on boost mobiles part
Thank you have a wonderful day!
Community Manager

Since it does look to be a manufacturer issue, not related to our network that's not terrible advice.  ZTE has a forum a lot like ours and they're very responsive to messages.  You might check them out here

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.