Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Forced to pay shipping on a defective device!

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Forced to pay shipping on a defective device!

I am posting this here in the hopes of giving everyone some information that is valuable.

If you order a phone from Boost and it is defective on arrival you will be FORCED to pay for the return shipping in order to return it.

Think about that. You order a phone, it arrives, and DOESN'T WORK. Now you spend 2hrs on the runaround trying to get it returned only to be told that YOU must pay to ship it back!!!!!!!

What is wrong with this company?? How can you force someone to pay to return something broken. Boost did not do their diligence when sending me a device, now I have to pay for that.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Forced to pay shipping on a defective device!

That’s not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience, @vfalco02! As stated in our Terms & Conditions the customer is responsible for the shipping cost of the device. We recommended you to visit our website at https://www5.boostmobile.com/?INTNAV=BotNav:Legal:Legal#!/about/legal/return-policy/ for more details on our Terms & conditions.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I am not debating what your terms and conditions say.

I am just stating it is a HORRIBLE practice that provides a bad experience to your customers.

I understand you are just stating what you are told to say, but that is not acceptable in today's world.

I want all of your customers to know that if you send them 10 defective devices in a row, they will have to pay to ship all 10 defective devices back.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Finally got everything resolved. Spoke to supervisor, he then had to get approval to credit my acct $12 for shipping.

Took 2 hrs on the phone over 2 days, but got them to finally see there's a problem!

Highlighted
Agent

Great! Thanks for confirming that one for us, vfalco02. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

SOS

You probably got that ELUSIVE mailing address that no one will give me. Week's worth of hell. Every FIX involves 24 to 48 hours. Now, I take that back.....One answer was 10 minutes, another 2 to three hours, and to return, estimate  3 to 5 days, EACH WAY! (Ten days or more)to replace this broken(not damaged) iPhone. So after a full week with a broken phone(I was finally told I would be e mailed a shipping address. Guess they forgot my NAME, EMAIL, andTELEPHONE number that I posted on this forum. IMPORTANT NOTE!!! The employees I talked to said and did what Boost mobile told them to on the computer. At work, I am subjected to similar tortures via the CHOSEN computer program. You are on your own after that. You are the person that stands between obsured computer programs and the customer. Bless you. Much more to this story. I have FOUR pages and counting of notes. I can tell you for a fact that this is a VERY HIGH administrative issue. i.e. I told one guy when asked a date "July 27th (the day the phone was delivered). Wrong answer. The correct date is July 28th, (the day I activated the phone), and the computer automatically escalated this to "Corparate". "You'll hear from them in 24 to 48 hours," NOT". Does any one want to buy this phone from me.

Highlighted
Agent

Re: SOS

That’s definitely not okay. We are so sorry for this experience, @vfalco02. We definitely want to look into this for you. To further research, can you please send us a private message with the Order Key of the purchase made online? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Highlighted
Agent

Re: SOS

That’s definitely not okay. We are so sorry for this experience, @redmuddropoff11. We definitely want to look into this for you. To further research, can you please send us a private message with the Order Key of the purchase made online? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".