First full day on Boost. Not sure if even worth staying for the full month

Highlighted
Enthusiast

First full day on Boost. Not sure if even worth staying for the full month

OK.  This is the first full day of using Boost.  My wife and I are not at all impressed.  We've only seen LTE speeds ... when connected to a wireless home network.  So that doesn't count.  Is this normal?  Speedtests are averaging around 3Mbps download.  One random test showed 30Mbps.  I thought the plan I have is for 3Gig of LTE speeds, when I have not seen the advertised speeds.  Is this normal?  

See more topics labeled with:
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accomplice

I've been with Boost for more than a year and data service was good and reasonable. For me, it

went downhill about 2.5 weeks ago, perhaps more because the phone was using my Wi-Fi until

I turned that off for debugging. I think something bad happened from reading other related posts

but no one at Boost will acknowledge that. I don't see any real resolutions -just a lot of asking the

users for Private Messages so we can't follow along or try correcting things on our own. Though

speed tests results will vary, I've seen better than 3-Mbps, usually between 5-12 -Mbps. Now, I find

that I don't get data service at all -especially when I need it. If I do get some, it doesn't last very long.

So, perhaps you chose the wrong time to join Boost. Because it's been ~2.5 weeks since I noticed, I

don't think it's getting addressed. Boost as an MVNO might not be able to do anything as the network

is operated by Sprint.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply and insight into the current situation. Maybe I'll at least give it another couple days before making a decision.