Disappointed

Disappointed

My fiance just spent 2 hours on the phone with cs put on hold 9 different times with the most un help full and boarder line disrespectful assistance from your employed agents including a supervisor who a actually transfered my fiance to a Dollar genral store randomly after I listened and waited for 2hours as they went out of there way not to help us I switched a carrier I had for almost 13 years I'm so frustrated right now I can't see straight I am a seasoned freelance writer and I'm going to spend the next 2 hours on every social media outlet at my disposal to make sure that everyone of my fans and fan base know this is not a honest or honable company so far if today is an exsample of how you treat your clients
1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Disappointed

Hi there MicahSincere. We definitely want to look into this for you. We do apologize for all the inconveniences. Please send us a private message with more details on this experience and we will follow up on it. As well, a brief description on the main issue with the service and we will figure it out. Victor21