Did I get screwed out of an upgrade discount?

Go to solution
Highlighted

Did I get screwed out of an upgrade discount?

I just upgraded from my Moto G to a Galaxy J7. HUGE upgrade. I went to one store near my home and was told that the phone I wanted was out of stock, but that more would be in the following week. More importantly, since I'd had the moto g for over a year I was more than qualified to receive and upgrade discount. Tge discounted price was $129.99
I was impatient so I went to a different boost store a couple of towns over where the item was available. At this store I was told that I was not entitled to anything more than the $20 off promotion, bringing the cost to $179.99. I told the rep what I had been told at the previous store, but only got the same responseas before. At this point I had driven 20 miles, for the sole purpose of purchasing this phone and had been led to believe that the first person I talked to made a mistake so I made my purchase and spent $50 more than what I had anticipated.
So my question is, should I have gotten my phone for $129.99 or did I pay the correct amount? If I should have received a discount then I'll go back to the store with my receipt and ask for a refund of the difference. According to what I've read I feel like I was entitled to a discount, but most of the information that I found is old. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Did I get screwed out of an upgrade discount?

Hello Jwheels:

Hopefully i can helpSmiley Very Happy

Well I do know after 120 day you are eligible for an upgrade but i also noticed every retail is differrent, some will give discounts while others have lied to my face and say they dont give anything off the original price. Now, let me remind you i know about boost mobile i even work at a boost mobile store so i know when their lying to me. I haved even checked numbers b4 120 day and still said there eligible for an upgrade so thats why every# should be checked.

Now, to your question many people just want to make a sale thats why i try to tell customers evrything upfront even if they leave empty handed. So if you could make sure that the first store was going to give it to you for a lot lower pice i would go with that. Some retails would give additional discounts when there being nice plus j3 is a great phone but j7 is better with speed. Is more modern so things have changed on it. Plus now that you have upgraded your not eligible for another one so i would ask them how to go about returning and getting the original deal offered to you.

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
If I have answered your question, please be sure to mark as Accepted Solution or give it a Kudos if you like the response Robot Happy
Thank you - god bless
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Jwheels:

Hopefully i can helpSmiley Very Happy

Well I do know after 120 day you are eligible for an upgrade but i also noticed every retail is differrent, some will give discounts while others have lied to my face and say they dont give anything off the original price. Now, let me remind you i know about boost mobile i even work at a boost mobile store so i know when their lying to me. I haved even checked numbers b4 120 day and still said there eligible for an upgrade so thats why every# should be checked.

Now, to your question many people just want to make a sale thats why i try to tell customers evrything upfront even if they leave empty handed. So if you could make sure that the first store was going to give it to you for a lot lower pice i would go with that. Some retails would give additional discounts when there being nice plus j3 is a great phone but j7 is better with speed. Is more modern so things have changed on it. Plus now that you have upgraded your not eligible for another one so i would ask them how to go about returning and getting the original deal offered to you.

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
If I have answered your question, please be sure to mark as Accepted Solution or give it a Kudos if you like the response Robot Happy
Thank you - god bless

Thanks so much. 😊 When I was at the original store the woman pointed out the price to me on, what looked like boost issued materials. (In this case it was a counter poster. I'm not sure what the actual term is) So, I felt like she was giving me the correct price.
I assumed that, like you said, the first store was offering something that the second one was not.
Thank you for your help. I'm going to check back and see if the lower price was correct and follow up from there.

You are very welcome we are here to help each other so any questions you may have feel free to ask.

Thanks for the accepting my asnwer as a solution too I appreciate it.

Well, let me know what ends up happening i would love to know and also know boost mobile was also having a promo witch ends today the j3 should be free i think it was 80 off sertain phones the ones they picked witch was 

1. Samsung galaxyb J3
  2. Tribute 5
  3. kyocera 
  4. k3
  5. Alcatel

Double check me on that dought does are for upgrades k3 could be for port-ins 

Good LuckSmiley Wink

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
Thank you - god bless
Community Manager

Thanks, @Ladyequinoxx, boy, you definitely bring the knowledge Robot Happy

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Hello SeaWolf:

LOL, Thanks for the porps i appreciate it.Smiley Wink

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
Thank you - god bless
Groupie

Hi,
I'm looking to upgrade next week. So how do you find out the amount of the upgrade discount or account credit? I've had this this account for 2 years now and it's about time I upgrade I'm planning to go from this mono e to a tze max XL. I had to consider between the LG and the max. So I was wondering how you got $200 credit for an upgrade? Please let me know.. I've noticed that they have that TV E-maxx XL on eBay and they are cheaper than the sale price.. please let me know.
Thanks
Tiffoney Greene

@1Tiffoney

Understood. We do have a promotion program on our authorized dealer stores where you can upgrade your device for a lower price if you haven't switched the phone on a current account in 120 days.

• $19.99 - Alcatel Go Flip

• $29.99 - Alcatel Dawn

• $29.99 - Kyocera Hydro Reach

• $29.99 - LG K3

• $29.99 - LG Tribute 5

• $39.99 - ZTE Prestige

• $39.99 - ZTE Prestige 2

• $49.99 - Alcatel OneTouch Conquest

• $49.99 - LG Tribute HD

• $49.99 - Samsung Prevail LTE

• $59.99 - Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge

• $59.99 - ZTE Warp 7

• $79.99 - LG X Power

• $79.99 - Moto E4

• $99.99 - ZTE Max XL

• $129.99 - ZTE Max +

• $149.99 - LG Stylo 3

• $159.99 - Samsung Galaxy J7 Perx

• $199.99 - HTC Bolt

E.J.

Groupie

Honestly I think that Boost Mobile should have some type of promo code for customers like myself, I have been Boost Mobile customer since 2002 and I have never upgraded or used a boost promo code ever. In my opinion, some type of customer appreciation for Avid Boost Mobile customers should be available. I have not had the same phone number since 2002 nor the same account however I am a boost mobile customer and refused to change no matter how many free phones are offered I'm a Boost Mobile customer. I am not looking for a free phone either because I want the max XL but a discount would be nice. A guy on eBay has them brand new in the box for $79 however I do not trust that at all, I will not that venue . Have a wonderful day!!!
Groupie

I have the family plan and we currently have galaxy j and
lg tribute hd we want 2 new stylos 3 plus can we get a promo code