Data free music is using my data

Data free music is using my data

I have the $35 monthly plan with the 2 Gb high speed data, and the plan is supposed to come with the unlimited music streaming and be data free. But I have tried slacker radio and iheart radio and both use my data. Why is this happening?
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Data free music is using my data

Hi there!

Sorry to know you're having such issue, but based on your post, it could be possible that you have the old $35.00 2GB plan that has no free music streaming included. To clear all doubts, I would need you to please send a private message with your number and PIN code to check what type of plan you have.

Looking forward to your reply back!

Accomplice

Is it safe to assume that if I signed up for Boost in the last 2 weeks and have the $50 Unlimited Unhookd plan that I get the free music streaming?

Hi!

The new $50.00 Unhooked plan does have unlimited free music streaming. So yes! I would say it's safe to stream all the music you want through on iHeart Radio, Pandora, Slacker Radio, 8Tracks, Spotify and Napster (formally Rhapsody).

Please let me know if you have any other doubt about this plan. I'm here to help!

I have the 35.00 shrinking plan that I now pay 30.00 for and have had it for a few years. I got a text stating that I now have free music streaming with certain stations. I only have those on my phone and I am consistently going over my data usage every month...  How do I know if the free music streaming is not using up my data? 

Guru

Hi,

There are some major flaws with Boost unlimited data free music promotions- https://www.boostmobile.com/shop/plans/data-free-music/

I too have had my high speed data allowance depleted by my Pandora usage.

Repeated calls to customer service and visits to stores failed to resolve the problem of data usage from their streaming partners counting towards monthly data allotment.  

I wish I had a better answer for this.

Yours

-J

Highlighted

i've been fighting to solve this issue for months and I may have finally figured it out - no thanks to LITERALLY hours on the phone with Boost's customer service team. 

the short answer is that you will see your data useage going up from using iheart radio or any of the other "partners". BUT, when calculating how much of your monthly limit has been used, the data from the music will be deducted from the total. in other words, the music data shows but doesn't count. 

i tested this by running the iheart radio app for hours while i was sleeping, just to push toward my 2GB max. according to the total showing on my data useage, i surpassed my max but i didn't get the usual useage warning. and then about 3 days before my renewal, i did finally get a text saying i'd used 85% of my xxx limit. i got out my calculator, subtracted my iheart radio data from total used, divided by 85%, and came up with the exact # quoted in the text message. sweet!

it's too bad no one on the helpline seems to understand this. i almost stabbed my eyes out with the cockemamy explanations the reps were giving me. "ohh, no - DON'T WORRY - the 2GB is only for when you want to use your phone as a hot spot!"  "oh, DON'T WORRY, you have unlimited data! the 2GB refers to the storage space!" "oh, DON'T WORRY - we'll reset your phone and then by your next renewal date, the issue will be fixed!"   i had to read them the info from the website before they even knew i had streaming music! "oh, DON'T WORRY, you just need to listen to the music while on your wifi!" "oh, DON'T WORRY - i can add another GB of data for you for only $5!" WTF BOOST, train your people!

last thought - when i first called (and researched this) the website and the rep said i was on an old plan and had to sign up for the new (same 2GB) Growing Data plan. supposedly i was put on that plan but i have never gotten any additional data, and i honestly don't even know if they have that growing data plan anymore. but the streaming music deal has been around for at least a year, so if you signed up after Dec 2015, you def should have whatever plan might be required. 

Groupie

I just paid 35$ not a week ago and it is saying I'm out of data already. There is absolutely no way this is possible.. what do I do. I can't get a # for corporate I've had NOTHING but problems with boost and won't continue using them if something does not change SOON
lu

Go into your data usage and when u see the graph you can move the warning level.you may have it set to warn you. Its adjustable since i have 2 gb with the $35 plan i set the warning around 1.8gb
Enthusiast