Can't port a number once you phone is activated?

Groupie

I got a new Boost phone at a Black Friday sale and have been using it for 5 days. I decided I wanted to port over the number from my t-mobile phone to my new Boost phone. Just had a happy Boost customer service rep cheerfully tell me that I can only port a number at initial activation and since I already have a number in service I can no longer port in a different number. Is this for real? It doesn't sound right to me. How do I contact someone who can help me?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Can't port a number once you phone is activated?

Dang, is this true? I'm new here from the ring plus mess... I tried to port when i activated but it didn't work, so i got a new number and figured I'd be able to port later. Can anyone say if this has changed since you tried it?
Highlighted

Deleted
Groupie

To follow up on this, I resolved everything by going to the Boost Mobile site on Facebook. Send a message thetre to a customer service rep. For me they took care of everything in just a few minutes and ported over my old number. No hassles and no problem.  I do not recommend doing anything with the customer service on the phone. They are polite but have no answers and in fact tell you stuff that is completely not true. I don't even know what the point of having the phone help. The online reps seemed a lot more able to handle any issues.

Community Manager

@Patneedham  I'm very glad you were able to get the help you needed on our Facebook page.   We're working on speeding up the time it takes for an agent here to respond to customers. and apologize for the delay.   @Quahog_Pearl if you still need assistance, I can certainly tag an agent for you.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Agent

Hey there, @TBrieaddy. Thanks for contacting us. Please send us a private message with the following information:

* Phone number, pin and account number from AT&T
* MEID/DEC number of the Boost Mobile Phone and the SIM Card number.
* Name and Last name that you'd like to have on the account.
* Full Address
* Desired 4 Digits pin number with our company
* Desired plan ($35 plan or $50 plan)

Groupie

i need some help with this as well 

Agent

Hey there, ryanwoods! We would love to help. You should definitely be able to port over. Please send us a private message with the number you are trying to port.

Groupie

how do i send a private message on here ?

Agent

Just click on my profile name or picture, you'll be taken to my profile page. Then on the right below "contact me" select "send this user a private message"