Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Boost Dealz Changes

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Boost Dealz Changes

After the latest change to Boost Dealz, it took me twenty hours over a prolonged period to complete one 500 point survey. In the past, I could usually complete 1 to 2 925 credit surveys in an hour or two at the longest. Had several 500 point surveys where I reached the end and as soon as I hit submit, got the Survey wasn't a match. This was after 10 - 20 minutes or longer of doing the survey. In the past, I could complete $20 worth of surveys and videos in 30 - 40 hours in a billing cycle. With the drop in points: Videos went from 15 to 5, Surprise Me surveys went from 295 to 200, and the longer surveys going from 925 to 500 points, it's to the point where it's not worth doing the videos at all. With the 500 point surveys, I had to go through almost 100 before I was able to complete one. I am not going to spend 80+ hours wasting time on the off-chance I might get enough surveys for the $20 credit. Even getting enough for $10 would take days at the current rate it is taking for me to get a single completed survey.

I am about to give up on Boost Mobile at this point. I don't mind spending 30 hours to save $20, but I am not going to regularly spend a huge amount of the day trying survey after survey only to get the dreaded not a match or don't qualify screen. At least with 15 point videos, I could generate enough to make the $20 credit only take roughly 40 videos/day. With 5 point videos, I would need to see over 100/day and at 30 seconds each, that's over 3,000 seconds or 50 minutes and that's if I could manage to find that many videos in a day. I just went 50 surveys in a short period because it was sending me Tap Research where the surveys were denied a lot faster.

A competitor learned that offered small rewards led to losing a lot of customers so it upped the reward level enough to stop the customer loss. At $30/month for my plan (accounting for the $5 auto-pay credit), the extra $3 credit for the daily bonuses doesn't drop my plan enough to make it worth keeping for me. Knocking it down to $22 - 25 is more than it's worth. At $20, it's still more than I was  paying for my PAYGO back-up phone with another company. It's discouraging to routinely go 10 - 50+ minutes on a survey and then get the no credit notice or have it simply hang for 15+ minutes. With surveys taking 30 - 40 hours/billing cycle under the old plan, it was like making 50  cents/hour for credit, but that's better than what's going on now.

Any word on if the surveys will start paying out again. I don't see the sense in continuing to spend 20 hours/survey as it's not generating enough points to make it worth my time. I have tried different times of the day and it's usually I don't meet the qualifications. Before the downgrade, I would meet the qualifications about 2.5 - 5% of the time which worked out to about 1 - 2 hours/day.

See more topics labeled with:
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Boost Dealz Changes

Hey there @ICT_Customer  Thanks for the recommendation and consider this noted! We've a question, are you at least receiving $3 by watching at least an ad per day?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yes, I am receiving the $3 for watching the daily videos. However, that's a far cry from the $20 total credit I was able to gain before this last update that was more a downgrade. When I spent 20+ hours to complete one survey compared to some billing cycles I had been able to complete $17 worth of surveys in 20 hours, this is a huge disincentive for me to waste that much time. At $27/billing cycle (after the $3 credit from watching the daily videos and the $5 credit for auto-pay), there are much better deals out there. Maybe others are willing to spend 20 hours to gain 500 points ($0.50 credit), those are few and far between. Best that Boost Mobile learn from one of its competitors that reduced credits and lost a lot of customers before that company realized why it was a bad idea and started offering more credits.  Even 20 - 30, sometimes 40 hours to earn $17 credit isn't a good deal. That's less than $1/hour at best and less than $.0.50/hour at worst.

If Boost Mobile is trying to turn a loyal customer into a former customer, this is a great way of doing it. I have went through over 150 surveys in the last few days after the change (spent 21+ hours) and I was only able to complete one and that took 20 hours of wasted time to get it completed. If that's not bad enough, I had several where I was disqualified after spending 10 - 59 minutes filling out the survey and it either hanged after submitting or I got the disqualification for not matching survey needs or something similar.

I was a customer in the past, but every so often, Boost Mobile would do something to encourage me not to stay with them. Once they did it enough, I left. I came back after hearing about the Boost Dealz way of cutting my bill. I don't need unlimited minutes and I can easily get more than enough minutes on most PAYGO plans offered by any number of other companies. I recently got 4,500 talk/text/MB data with another company's PAYGO plan for what I would pay in 2 months at Boost Mobile at $27/month. Plus, I got a better phone and they added a year to my 2019 expiration date on my existing talk/text/data.

Unfortunately, Boost Mobile follows the mistaken principle that existing customers are less important. When I was young, brand loyalty was often rewarded by companies. These days, it's more the exception than the rule. I don't want to leave, but unless they do something to make Boost Dealz worth using again, I will be going with a company that offers me better value for the price.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Was thinking about trying Dealz, am evaluating it, thanks for your detailed info.
Highlighted
Groupie

ICT, thanks for the information.  I have had challenges with the changes in Boost Dealz too.  I gave up  on doing the surveys since I would waste 15-30+ minutes of unending questions, only to find out that I ALLWAYS did not "qualify" and subsequently get rewarded 5 measly points for my efforts!  I have thus just focused on viewing the video ads to work my way up to the $20.  But now that has changed as of February in my experience.  I view maybe 5 videos and then am prevented from viewing any more until the next day.  At this slow rate I doubtfully will not make the $20 each month.  Very frustrating.

Highlighted

This app has difficulty tracking points. Only allows 10 (5pt) video clips a day. Cut their rates for surveys that eventually kick you out anyway. Their game download didn't work with the 2nd download I tried. This went from being a bad app to an impossible one.
Highlighted
Groupie

I've had the same struggles.  Most of the game downloads require sending a failure alert and then I need to respond to an email with screenshots of me playing the game.  Still haven't gotten the  points.  Also I've noticed that the videos are only available around once a day (5 pm PDT for me) and maxes out at 15 points.  If Boost Mobile is trying to get their customers to abandon the futile efforts of Dealz and then likely eventually switch carriers, they are doing a great job.