Account highjacked/phone stolen

Accomplice

Account highjacked/phone stolen

Hi I have kind of a complicated situation that happened in early May and customer service was unable to help me even though I know there should be a protocol or system in place for such help. I was not aware of this forum

So I got a new S7 and in May it was taken out of state by my oldest daughter who is suffering from a mental illness relapse.

Somehow she was able to get the pin number changed and removed her phone (which I own) phone from the family plan that we have. This should not have been able to happen, and as far as I know she must have socially engineered the support help person on the phone because the store was unable to help her allegedly., and I spoke to them after I checked to location.

I have the email where it says that the pin number was changed and if I did not authorize that change, which I did not to contact customer care....I did this and they were of no help.

There is no way she would have known the pin number, as. it was locked out from repeated attempts... she also could not have know the account address and somebody made the unauthorized change.

Customer care was unable to help me even though I had the previous pin, name on the account, and address, and she did not have any of that stuff..only possession of the phone which I own.

I have been told both the police and the mental health professionals that were working with her here would like to look at the call records as well as myself and I would like to be able to monitor the account again but also add money and such as needed the situation has made it more difficult for my my wife and I to keep an eye out for our mentally ill daughter. We have only a vague idea of where she is.

The profile for that phone and account should have my email address and address on it, have the old pin number, I even have the IMEI of the phone the If account info was changed, I have the name and afdress if what it was probably changed to. The phone number was not changed, just the pin number and the plan.

I can provide bank statements IMEI number phone number and all the previous correct account information that should have been on the account to where she could not access it and make unauthorised changes she has basically stolen the phone from me and makes it virtually impossible to contact her so I need back into my account and I'd like to be able to add it back to my family plan I've tried every pin number I can think of that she would have used after my PIN was changed.

Please help as the safety of someone and the sanctity of a 12-year marriage counts on me being able to get back into my account and undo the unauthorised changes.

My contact info
James Steven Rose
star******.com
304abc

THANK you so much.

6 REPLIES 6
Agent

Re: Account highjacked/phone stolen

We are so sorry that happened, therealsteveros! Getting the PIN number through text message is a standard security procedure to help customers get access to the account when they don't remember it. 

Whoever has the phone, is able to call our IVR or the customer care line to request the PIN number.

In this case, we can verify what other options we have available. To further assist you, can you please send us a private message with the phone number so we can take a closer look?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Accomplice

I just sent you the private message. Will you please help me now?

Agent

Hi there, therealsteveros. We've already replied to you through PM. 

Accomplice

Ok, that was the same generic message. I own the account, and the phone, but as I mentioned, it was stolen.

So, having "the other person" receive the pin will not work.

As I said, I have all of the previous info, phone info, account info etc.

Thanks,

Steve

Accomplice

Hey,

I was asked for the activation date as an alternative. I gave the date (03/05/2018) about 2 hours ago, haven't heard anything back?

Thanks,

J. Steve Rose

Agent

Hi Steve! We have replied to your private message with some important information. Please reply back asap.

EdwinRG.