ATTENTION: Online purchases are impossible to return, in most cases.

Go to solution
CGK Groupie
Groupie

ATTENTION: Online purchases are impossible to return, in most cases.

Boost policy states we have 7 days from purchase date to return an item for a refund.

Takes 4 days to get the phone in the mail. Or at least it took 4 days for me, it could be faster for others, I don't know. But I now have 3 days left to return it for a refund.

I now have three days to go through the insanely complicated journey of getting a "RMA#" and then shipping the device back.

Keep in mind it took boost 4 days to ship it to me, but I am supposed to get it back to them in two or three.

IF I DO NOT GET IT BACK TO THEM WITH IN THE TIME FRAME, THEY CAN KEEP IT, OR MAKE ME PAY TO HAVE IT RE-SHIPPED BACK TO ME AGAIN; EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT WANT IT.

So since I just got the phone yesterday, and if I do try to return it I am risking being out the money paid for the device and the device itself; I really have no option but to keep it.

It would be much better if Boost just said no-refunds for online purchases instead of making me go through all this dumb stuff.

I don't have a lot of money, but I will make sure the money paid for this phone, which I can't return, is the last I ever give to Boost. I will make sure my mom, my dad, my sister, my sister's kids, and my kids do not give any money to Boost either. So sick of companies profiting of bad policies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: ATTENTION: Online purchases are impossible to return, in most cases.

So sorry about the trouble! Please, remember that the 7 days is the time frame you have to request the RMA number. But, it does not mean that we need to receive it within 7 days. We're really apologize for the inconvenience.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Hi, CGK! We’d love to explain this further. Boost Mobile devices purchased through boostmobile.com may be returned within 7 days of purchase, subject to the policies, terms and procedures listed in this Return Policy (“Policy”). Approved returns will receive a refund of the purchase price (excluding charges incurred for wireless service). 7 days to contact us and get an RMA, the time it takes to arrive to our warehouse does not count. Please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/?ID16=spot1:All:return#!/about/legal/return-policy/.

CGK Groupie
Groupie

I have a recorded phone conversation with Boost tech support explaining it in full detail already, And the link you just sent me is the exact policy I was referring to in my original post. It says I have 7 days, Boost phone support said I actually had a few more days to return it. Which is NOT what the policy you just linked me to says, but even with four days to return the phone, I have to pay at least $25 or more dollars to get a $50 phone returned in that amount of time. Boost knows exactly what they are doing by giving such a short amount of time for returns, and I am calling them out; it's freakin stupid.

The dumbest part about this whole thing is there is a store right down the road that wants to sell this exact model, but they are waiting on a shipment of them to come in,... which is why I order it from online to begin with. I should be able to just return it to them and get a refund from them. But it does not work like that. Whatever squeezes the most money from the consumer is what Boost is going to do.

Sprint and AT&T can do all this right there in their store in person. I do not know about other places, because I never dealt with them. But I do seriously regret dealing with Boost. Very poor customer service, I hope that leads to your down fall, and I hope other companies learn from that down fall.

Agent

So sorry about the trouble! Please, remember that the 7 days is the time frame you have to request the RMA number. But, it does not mean that we need to receive it within 7 days. We're really apologize for the inconvenience.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Enthusiast

Hello, I'm new,  first time here so not sure where to go to ask a question, or how.  I am logged in,  as I set up a new account and verified thru email,  but still don't see where to ask questions,  don't understand how this works.  But ill ask here,  just in case.   I returned 2 phones,  they were received,  received case numbers on my refunds  yet refund not received yet.  Every time I ask about them,  they say the financial office is working on it and I should receive my refund within 24 hours,  it's been yet another 2 days.  I called again today and was given the same information.  I told them I wanted to speak to the financial dept.  and they said I couldn't.  He said all he does is send an email,  (FROM MY ACCOUNT), asking about the refund.   No wonder nothing is happening!   We return phones,  now they have our money AND phones.....  and we cannot talk to them?? How fair is that!  How legal is that!   So please let me know what to do and why we cannot speak to the (so called, financial dept. ), which I don't think is a real office. 

Please let me know. 

Thank you

Agent

Hi there Katcopass. I am sorry you feel this way and the miscommunication there. Refunds may take up to 14 business days or more some times depending on different factors. in any event, I would like to take a look at the status of your refund request and give you and update on it. Can you send me a private message with your case numbers, phone and pin so I can better assist you? 

Enthusiast

I don't know how to send a private message. What do I do?
Highlighted
Agent

HI there. Thank you. As long as you send the information through the private message, your account is secured. Victor21