7 day return policy

Highlighted
Groupie
Groupie

7 day return policy

I'm having a horrible experience with this return policy. 

The return policy seemed like a good way to prevent buying a lemon or having buyers remorse when choosing a new phone unfortunately my experience has been terrible. I purchased a new phone via boost online on Jan 12th and recieved it in mail on Jan 17th. I turn on the phone service on Jan 23rd and immediately was unhappy with the phone.. It had glitches and was slow. Bluetooth doesn't connect at all. the phone dialer  freezes and it doesn't stay connected to internet whether wireless or mobile connection. I called Boost on the 24th and was told I was no l;longer eligible being that its been more then the return policy days. I explained (exhaustively) to both customer service and manager Matt  that the phone had been boxed up until the 23rd when I purchased a Boost phone plan and only then did I realize I had a crappy phone.. No amount of common sense discussion was available from boost only that i had "exceeded Boost return policy"  I would appreciate another look at this I am happy to upgrade to a better phone and stay with Boost services but this type of customer service is unacceptable.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Please accept our heartfelt apology, roy! Unfortunately, Boost Mobile devices purchased through boostmobile.com may be returned within 7 days of purchase. Unfortunately, after that period of time, the device can't be returned. For more information, click here. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Highlighted
Groupie
Groupie

So what you're saying is there really is no 7 day return policy for phones ordered through Boost.com. One never knows how long it would take to receive via mail and those shipping days are counted towards the 7 days.

One has to wonder why this hasn't been addressed. Good customer service begs for a serious discussion on this issue.

Highlighted
Agent

We truly apologize for the inconvenience. We'd like to take a closer look at the phone. Mind sending us a private message with your phone number and PIN?

Note: To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, on the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted

There IS no option to send an agent a private message after clicking on the agent's picture, as described in the reply above.

This is the worst experience I have ever had SIMPLY TRYING TO GET A PHONE THAT WORKS.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @dennismagruder. You can send a "PM" or private message a couple of different ways. If you click on the name of the person, you'll be taken to their profile. On the right side of the screen, you should see "send this user a Private Message". Click it and you'll be taken to the PM window with their name already in the To: field. Type up what you want to say, hit send message and you're good. You can also go to your own profile by clicking on your name from the forums and then clicking the PM icon. From the PM window select "New Message" and type the user name of the Community member in the "To" field and off you go.  -Kira_M. 

Highlighted

I purchased a phone through Boostmobile.com and when it arrived, the phone would not allow me access because there was already a password on the lock screen.  I worked with technical support for hours, being transferred multiple times, sometimes to companies that were not even part of boostmobile.com.  I also took the phone to a local boostmobile retail store but they would not help me because I bought the phone online.  All I want is a phone that works.  I would be willing to simply have them send me a replacement phone, but I was informed that is not an option.  My only options are to pay for an expedited shipment to ensure that the phone returns to them before my 7 day period is over, and wait 7 to 14 days for the refund to process, OR let the 7 day period expire and then go through the 90 day warranty process to possibly have this phone replaced or repaired.  The phone has NEVER WORKED.  This is terrible customer service and unless someone makes this right Boost Mobile has lost me as a customer.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @dennismagruder. We've received your private message. We'll continue assisting you over there. -Kira_M. 

Highlighted

Here is the reply from boost:

"So sorry to hear about this experience, dennismagruder. If this is happening, we recommend sending the phone back to our warehouse and we'll process a refund on your behalf or you can contact the warranty company to get assistance fixing or replacing the phone."

They simply repeated what I said.  I received a phone that has never worked, and no one at Boost will help me to get a working phone.  I will now have to pay for expedited shipping to try to get the phone to them prior to the 7 day return policy expiration, and then have my return subject to a $25 restocking fee, all because I bought a phone from them that was defective when they shipped it to me. The bottom line here is that I will have to pay about $50 for the shipping + the restocking fee just to return a phone that has never worked.

I would warn anyone who can read this to NEVER buy a phone from Boostmobile.com. They will not stand behind their products, and additionally they will transfer you from representative to representative for hours on end if you call them.  Sometimes even transferring you to companies outside of boostmobile, trying to pass the problem on to someone else who also cannot help you.

Highlighted

Another option is calling the manufacturer. All new phones have a warranty. At least with the manufacturers warranty they'll fix or replace your phone.