B

Fri, Apr 2, 2021 8:32 PM

Only wish to use my new phone via WiFi for Google searches until my current phone's battery dies

Can I do that without the constant interruption of the "Activate Now" notifications? Or do I just have to return the phone and say goodbye to ever being a future Boost customer?

Responses

Boost Care

• 

3.4K Messages

1 m ago

Hi. By purchasing a Boost Mobile handset, you agree to activate the handset on a current Boost Mobile plan within 60 days of your purchase date. The message that you’re receiving on your handset is a reminder to activate your phone. Once you activate, the message will no longer appear on your handset.

Our terms and conditions require activation on a Boost Mobile plan within 60 days of the purchase date. If you do not activate, you will continue to receive the daily activation messages on your handset until you activate it on a Boost Mobile Plan. If you do not intend to activate on a Boost Mobile plan AND you are still within the Return Policy window, you can return your handset back to the place of purchase for a refund. If you chose to activate on your handset at a later date, please visit Boostmobile.com.

- Fonsy82

2 Messages

And for how long do I have to keep it on a plan before I deactivate and am no longer going to see that message if say for instance I wish to give it to my 5 year old granddaughter without a plan to watch kids videos on it via wi-fi in my son's home. Or must it always be active and can never be unlocked from Boost? 

If so, sort of sounds like a contract to me.

Boost Care

• 

3.4K Messages

Boost Mobile® does not have annual long-term contracts. By activating Boost Mobile services, you become subject to the Boost Mobile General Terms and Conditions of Service and the Terms of Service for the specific plan you have selected.

These terms and conditions were available at the time you purchased the device; specifically, the 60-day activation policy is stated on the device packaging. Our current terms and conditions are also available on boostmobile.com at the following URL https://www.boostmobile.com/about/legal/terms-conditions/general-terms-conditions.html
- Fonsy82