Boost Mobile “Step Up to the Mic” Talent Search Competition to Award Record Deal
Triller, the AI-powered music video “social streaming”™ platform, announced, “Step Up to the Mic” powered by Boost Mobile™, a nationwide digital elimination-style talent search competition. The contest is open to the public and serves as a platform for anyone to catch their big break and begin their journey with support from Triller, Boost Mobile, and prominent artists Starrah, Murda Beatz, Quavo, and Takeoff. One talented artist will win a record label and management deal, record an original song written by prominent songwriter Starrah and produced by Murda Beatz, shoot a professional music video, and much more. Talent submissions will be accepted May 8–29, 2020, followed by a fan and judge voting. The grand prize winner will be announced on August 3, 2020.
The “Step Up to the Mic” grand prize winner will receive:
- Up to a one-year record label and management deal
- Record an original song written by Starrah and produced by Murda Beatz
- Shoot a professional music video
- Opportunity to place in U.S. Top 100 charts
- A free Boost Mobile smartphone and credit for up to one year of service
6/26 - 7/2: Top 30 announcement + public voting open for Top 10
7/3 - 7/9: Top 10 announcement
7/10 - 7/16: Public voting open for top 3
7/17 - 7/23: Top 3 announcement
7/24 - 7/30: Influencers + Triller votes for the grand prize winner
Winner announcement - 8/3
Key to the “Step Up to the Mic” competition are singer, songwriter and rapper, Starrah, record producer, DJ, and songwriter, Murda Beatz, and artists Quavo and Takeoff.
Starrah has written 14 singles that have reached the Top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100; two of which went No. 1 (“Havana” by Camila Cabello and “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5) and five peaking in the top 10. Murda Beatz has produced numerous hit singles for top rappers including Travis Scott, Gucci Mane, Drake, Migos, and 6ix9ine, alongside frequent collaborators Cubeatz. Quavo is a rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer, best known as a member of Migos, and has numerous hits that have made the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 with Migos and other collaborations. Takeoff, also a member of Migos, is a rapper, singer, and songwriter with several top 10 singles to his name.
To Enter the “Step Up to the Mic” competition:
- Download the Triller app for iOS or Android and create a profile using your email address, if you don’t already have an account. Make sure to connect your Instagram account to your Triller account.
- Click the pink plus button at bottom of the Triller homepage.
- Select the “Social” camera feature.
- Record your video audition or upload your pre-recorded Triller video audition from your camera roll. Your audition should be around 90 seconds and can be in English or Spanish, and it can only be a recording of yourself.
- Tag @stepup, and hashtags #StepUP, #BoostxTriller, #Audition, in your video submission.
- Make sure your post is set to public!
Enter Now @ triller.co/stepup