MaryFaith029's profile

Wed, Jul 22, 2020 8:00 PM

iPhone 11 Pro Max Wifi Calling Error

Hello!!

I’ve seen other users with this same issue. I just activated a iPhone 11 Max pro and it will not let me enable Wifi Calling. It gives me an error message to contact Boost Mobile to allow wifi calling. I called tech support yesterday and we refreshed my network settings but he said that they had no control to allow it or not and that it’s just available for eligible phones (which mine is) and that I need to do it on my own. He suggested I call Apple or my wifi provider to troubleshoot but this is a boost mobile error. They couldn’t help me with it. Did anyone have success resolving this issue?

Responses

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Good day @MaryFaith029 Thanks for reaching out to us, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

~JoyP.

14 Messages

1 y ago

Hi
I had exactly same problem with my new iPhone SE. After 4 hours with 3 different chat support techs I got on the phone with a smart lady who figured it out
Boost had sent the wrong type SIM card with the phone. The one they sent was white with a series of numbers only. Apparently the correct one is gray with a letter after the numbers.
Waiting for the new SIM before I break out the champagne!
Hope this helps

14 Messages

1 y ago

I have that SIM card lol

14 Messages

1 y ago

But this is boost mobile

4 Messages

1 y ago

And you were right! New SIM card, still no wifi calling. The technician I'm on the phone with now, says its because they are migrating from Sprint networks to T-Mobile, and T-Mobile doesnt have this feature yet. Hmmm 

4 Messages

1 y ago

True but Boost doesn't own it's own network, they just lease bandwidth.  T-Mobile and Sprint got bought by DISH network so now Boost is using their 5G.  This last technician I just got off the phone with (another hour..) determined that the reason wifi calling can;t be enabled is because my SIM card - including this new one that was going to *fix* the problem - connects my iPhone SE to the 5G network. Her fix is to send me yet another SIM card, this time one that will kick me back to 4G but allow Wifif calling to be enabled. The main reason I want Wifi calling is because I only have 1 bar at y house, even though it's supposed to be 'good 5G coverage' in my area.

Watch this space for the next thrilling episode next week lol