I

Mon, Oct 25, 2021 5:17 AM

So confused no one helping

I have an IPhone 6. I am told my phone can’t accept a new SIM card. With boost service one rep said I still will be able to continue to use my phone as is on 4g and another rep said I will need a new phone to have any service at all???? Which is it?!?!? When will I loose service if I do nothing?? I’m frustrated by the lack of hard knowledge. 

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

3 m ago

@Iphoneuser1975 Hello! We know it has been frustrating getting pulled in all directions. The iPhone 6 is not compatible with the new sim. If you have any other questions feel free to reach back out to us here!

6 Messages

3 m ago

I have a Samsung galaxy S9 and it's not compatible either and I can't afford a new phone I've been with boost a long time are they helping people with this problem can I trade my phone in and get one that is compatible 

2 Messages

3 m ago

# Leave the service they’re not gonna be able to help you I spent three weeks talking to different people none of them but we’re able to help me on my iPhone 12th 

1 Message

3 m ago

Same here, text and written ad said must have 4G, I have 4G LTE.  Johnmar   on live chat says must buy new phone 5 G.  T Mobile is the worst thing that happened to Boost.  Called, went in circles with press this, press that, never got where I needed to be. NO SUPPORT.

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

@incircl3s Hello! We appreciate you reaching out. We know this network change can be confusing. So 5G and 4G refer to the speeds your phone can get. The issue is some phones only work on a CDMA network( Sprint's old network). The new Expanded Data network is GSM, you can use a 4G phone but it has to work on a GSM network. So for example, iPhone 6 and iPhone X are both 4G phones, but iPhone 6 is a CDMA phone so it won't work are on the new network, whereas the iPhone X will work because it is GSM.

15 Messages

@Ojay76 If your phone has an MEID or an ESN number, it's CDMA. If you see an IMEI number then it's GSM. If you see both, then your device supports both technologies (lucky you!).May 28, 2020

my iPhone 6 appears to support both 

5 Messages

@Ojay76 so i have an s8 was told wont work had to upgrade. So the samsung Gs21 5g will work on the new expanded network? Was told yes in store but online store doesnt say "compatible with expanded network" like some others say yet is 5g?

15 Messages

3 m ago

Can someone tell me whether or not I can still use my iPhone  with boost despite not being able to upgrade to a new SIM card even if it isn’t 5G or 3G....etc I haven’t had a clear answer yet

15 Messages

3 m ago

Please note that this A1586 iPhone 6 model -- which is compatible with FDD-LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29 and TD-LTE bands 38, 39, 40, 41 (as well as both CDMA EV-DO and GSMconnectivity) -- was sold locked to Sprint in the United States, unlocked and without a SIM in the United States, and unlocked on a variety of carriers in the UK, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and other global markets.

this is my phone and states gsm is supported so why can’t I still use my phone when all these changes go into effect?

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

@Iphoneuser1975 The phone was sold as locked to Sprint's CDMA network. The only way to have it unlocked from CDMA would be to get Sprint to do that. They no longer exist and the current owner of the network T-Mobile won't unlock these phones, so upgrading to our Expanded Data Network is the only way to handle this.

15 Messages

Thank You for this very informative post!  What Is the date that service will be lost to those who have not switched to the Expanded Data Network?  

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

@Iphoneuser1975  T-Moblie just sent out an update yesterday that they will be pushing back the shutdown of the Sprint network to the end of March 2022.

15 Messages

@Ojay76

can I use a used unlocked phone for the expanded network? I also have seen videos how to unlock a phone using a third party and fee. So could I get this phone unlocked 

by a third party and then use this iPhone 6 for the expanded data network?? If I buy a locked phone from eBay or amazon what service do I need to get it for? Thanks for your help. 

1 Message

@Ojay76 I have an unlocked LG G8 ThinQ that I'm currently using with boost. The network availability includes GSM. Will my phone be affected?