mattnewby1973's profile

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 7:29 PM

Charged Data to Remove App?

Hello,

Why am I being charged data to remove/delete an app? The FAQ'S recommend that we do this, see citation below. Secondly I'm noticing in the app column "5 digit apps", and in the last billing cycle these "5 digit apps" accounted for close to 2 GB of data, and the "Removed Apps" 4.97 GB of data!

I'm trying to monitor my data usage as closely as possible, and I'm being charged for data that can't be explained! I'm attaching a screenshot of each.

"https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/troubleshooting/low-internal-memory-on-your-phone.html: Uninstall unused applications.

It’s recommended that you uninstall unused applications when possible. It helps free up internal memory and can improve device performance.Note: Your phone comes with some pre-installed applications that you can't uninstall"

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

1 m ago

Hi! We are sorry to know this is happening. You could try to uninstall the apps while on Airplane mode. This way no data would be used. 

- AmyM25

22 Messages

It doesn't tell you that in Boost Mobiles FAQ'S! How long has this been going? What are these other "5 digit apps" that come out of know where and are racking up data! My unlimited data plan is being capped, and Boost Mobile is surreptitiously stealing about 5 GB a data a month from me!

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Data consumed is data used installing or uninstalling applications. 
- Victor21

22 Messages

Can I please have this data back? I've been a loyal customer for almost 3 years and up until Covid 19 lockdown I never used a fraction of my data; however with the lockdown I may have watched a few extra movies than I normally would have, but it seems ever since Dish Network acquired Boost Mobile - the advertised  unlimited data - became what it's not advertised to be! So, I had to be a detective and investigate the "why" am I using so much data, and what can I do to maximize the most out of my data! Low in behold I find the apps in question that are using up close to 6 GB of my data!

In the last 2 months I have had to restart my plan 4 times so I could have data, and those data packs that are sold are worthless! I purchased 2 data on 4-7 & 4-8, prior to reaching the 85%, but I was getting close, but as soon as I my data was capped the data packs were never applied! So from 4-9 to 4-11 I had no data, but as soon as I made another full payment, then miraculously the data is restored!

22 Messages

Victor,

You are giving false information! Even in Boost Mobiles FAQ'S it doesn't mention that data will be applied when removing an application!

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Unfortunately, a credits or additional data could not be issued
- Victor21