L

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 6:11 PM

boost broke my phone while switching to the 5g sim card

Boost sent a new card to upgrade to the 5g system.  While on the phone activating it the old sim was deactivated and the new one activated.  after hours on the phone and a trip to a boost store we were told that my phone wasn't 5g compatible.  The phone no longer works and Boost refuses to fix or replace the phone that worked prior to their incompetence.

4 Messages

2 m ago

They just did the same to me as well. They are intentionally messing up olderphones so people are forced to buy new ones. File a complaint with the FCC complaints

And one with your state attorney/consumer protection agency. They transferred me to samsung telling me all they had to do was reset my phone and it would work which is a lie. As soon a I told Samsung that they already knew it was boost Mobile/Sprint. We aren't the only ones they have done this to and the more people who file complaints with the proper attorities the better. Will also be looking into finding a class action Lawyer and will update here with their info once I find someone willing to take this on. 

2 Messages

1 m ago

Same thing happened to me. After numerous chats and about 6 hours of my time, I gave up and switched carriers. My phone worked perfectly before doing the "recommended"  upgrade. Very disappointed in them, as they would rather loose a customer then actually help them.

I will also be filing a complaint with the FCC.  My phone was just over a year old, bought when i was switched to Boost Mobile, they tried to blame Motorola in the end.

(edited)

(edited)

27 Messages

16 d ago

You need them to unlock your phone for it to recognize the new TMobile LTE SIM. We have two s10e phones and that is what we did and it unbroke them.  If they won't send you a SIM for free, make them unlock phone and take it to TMobile or Mint, or any service running off TMobile backbone.

(edited)