Chefmoe's profile

Sat, Mar 14, 2020 5:00 PM

Unreadable text message from 3333

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

9 m ago

You're welcome. You'll receive a response through Private Message soon. Thank you! ~AmyM25

15 Messages

9 m ago

Hello,

I've been having the same problem with the '3333' text messages since March of this year. It's starting to get worse. I've been missing important phone calls and almost lost my job because I had to turn off my phone in order to keep the battery from running out! If someone could please actually help this time, I would appreciate it. I tried getting help from BoostMobile back in March of this year, when the flooding spam text messages began. To no avail.

If you can put a stop to this terrible phone spam, let me know...

15 Messages

9 m ago

Hello Fonsy,

I sent the private message with the requested info. Hope you can help me in this matter.

As of now, I'm watching as the terrible '3333' text messages flood in - now it's up to 18. I suspect that number will climb. 

Oh yeah, and FYI I've already tried all the commonly suggested methods of stopping this. Including texting 'Stop' to '9999'. That does NOT work. I also already gave my pin and number to an Agent on here via PM (in March) but heard nothing back afterward.  After finding the community had been mysteriously locked and I couldn't post, I went to Boost Mobile's Facebook page and talked to an agent there. They gave me a number to call for support. I called Boost Mobile Customer Support, they said they would 'escalate' the issue - which is incorrect English, is it not? No solution after all of that riggamaroll. It's very nerve-racking.

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

9 m ago

Hi, purpledove. Please send us a private message with the account phone number and pin code.

26 Messages

9 m ago

Yesterday afternoon I replied on this thread about how I too was going through the same problem with the 3333 text caller. It's been way over 28 hours since I have written on this thread and I have found that I can no longer use my phone whatsoever.  The texts (which come to me as a blank page) are coming in every 3 seconds or less now. I turned off the phone last night and when I turned it back on at 3:00am I got 74 texts back to back before I was finally able to turn it into airplane mode. It just won't stop. I can't block it because I use a prepaid Virgin Mobile LG flip phone.

I got a reply from an Agent on this thread saying that I should private message (which I did) and that I will get a response soon. But I have yet to hear from them at all.

I have a bad feeling that I am going to have to leave Boost Mobile which I can't afford to do. I pay $20 ever THREE months with my phone. Because I am my 80 year old father's caregiver and proxy and I am unemployed. I can't afford anything else when it comes to cell phone plans.

Plus on top of all of that, my aunt Zulema died just recently and I can't even communicate with my surviving family members because of this 3333 text caller making it impossible for me to use my phone.

I am at a loss, so frustrated and very sad.  💔

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. Stay safe and healthy.

26 Messages

9 m ago

Wednesday afternoon I replied on this thread about how I too was going through the same problem with the 3333 text caller on my prepaid Virgin Mobile LG mobile phone. It's been 5 days since I have first written on this thread and I still can't use my cell phone whatsoever. The texts (which come to me as a blank page) are coming in every second now all day long, 24 hours a day. It just won't stop. And I can't block it because it is a prepaid Virgin Mobile LG flip phone. I had to turn it into airplane mode so that I can at the very least use the alarm clock on it.

I got a reply from a kind agent on this thread saying that I should private message (which I did) and that I will get a response soon. But I have yet to hear from them at all.

I have a bad feeling that I am going to have to leave Boost Mobile which I can't afford to do. I pay $20 ever THREE months with my phone. Because I am my 80 year old father's caregiver and proxy and I am unemployed, I can't afford anything else when it comes to cell phone plans. But if I don't at the very least get a response I think am going to have to make the sacrifice and switch to Mint Mobile. I did the research and found that they have a $15 a month plan plus the cost of a new phone payable through installments. There is no point staying with a company that won't even so much as say they there is no way to fix the problem and offer me some advise on what I can do next. Boost Mobile is loosing my trust.

I hope someone can help. Otherwise... I guess this might be the last post and it will be my good bye. And to think, when Virgin Mobile was still around I was actually thinking about switching to Boost Mobile. I thought when Boost Mobile bought out Virgin Mobile it was fate and good fortune. But now I see I was wrong. What a shame. How sad.

I have added a short YouTube video that I made and posted on my channel showing how unbearably bad the 3333 text calls are.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. Stay safe and healthy.

26 Messages

8 m ago

Well miracles of miracles! Boost Mobile SEEMS to have finally blocked the unbearable 24 hours a day 3333 texts messages!

I wrote to the Boost Mobile Facebook page saying goodbye and my reasons why. I wrote about how ever since they bought out Virgin Mobile I have been receiving a mysterious 3333 text message at all hours of the day. I couldn't block it because my mobile phone is a text and call and NO apps phone. I also told them how I wrote to the forum about it and how they were no help giving me advise about using the 9999 method to block the texts. It did not work whatsoever. In fact, everybody in this forum has been writing about how that method doesn't work.  But I went ahead and tried it and sure enough it didn't work. The texts messages still came in 24 hours a day every one second apart.

The Boost Mobile Facebook page wrote back to me and asked me to private message them. Then they sent me to a link where I wrote back and forth for hours to an agent via private chat about the problem. Turns out from what I read on the manage settings page they DID received the request to block the number when I used the 9999 method but for whatever reason the 3333 texts continued to come in. So when I told them what I was reading they decided to blocked it again but on their end. It SEEMS to have finally worked. I did I have to jump through hoops for this. How insane! But it's done AT LAST! WOOHOO! 👍

My advise is go straight to Boost Mobiles Facebook page or twitter page. They will send you a link where you can actually talk to someone that can do something about the problem.

Plus I would like to add that I as I was dealing with the Boost Mobile private chat and as they made me search all over the Boost Mobile website for certain pages, by chance I came across some options I can opt out of. I found a way where I can ask Boost Mobile to not sell my information and to not allow advertisements to be sent to my number.

-Sign into Boost Mobile's website.

-Click on My Boost and go to My Boost Dashboard.

-Click on Call Settings and from there you can turn off Business and Marketing Preferences.

Also you can;

-go to CCPA Privacy setting page at https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/dashboard/myprivacy and you can request to not have your personal Data sold. There is a button you can click on there.

I really do hope all of this information will help you all as it did me.

Good luck and stay safe and healthy. 👍

26 Messages

8 m ago

In regards to my last post;

{SIGH}
They're back.
The 3333 text spams started again at 9:10pm this evening. It's 11:25pm and I have gotten 23 texts so far... Wait... Make that 24 now. Please ignore all of the suggestion I made in my last post. None of them worked for long. My phone WAS silent only for about 8 or 9 hours.  And now it's not again. Sorry about that. Sorry if I got anyone's hope up. My mistake.

I'm too depressed to write anymore. Hope you all have better luck than I have been having.

Stay safe and healthy.

Boost Care

• 

2.3K Messages

8 m ago

Hello, @Laurin. Sorry to know that you're still experiencing this issue. Please send us a Private Message so we can have this investigated. 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

2 Messages

8 m ago

I've found a way to find the actual number that is sending you the "3333" blank message.  I have a similar phone.

When you open the text message screen, hit the "audio" button.  It looks like a speaker.  It would be the 2nd button down on the left side.

When you press that button, it will show you the actual number that is sending the blank message.  Write it down.

Then you can log in to Boost Mobile online and go through the steps to block that number (that you have already laid out).

It would be under Call Settings.  Just hit the Edit button to block a new number and type in that number.

It has worked for me (so far).

26 Messages

7 m ago

The "3333" text messages are back again. And yes, they are sending multiple messages that I can NOT see because I use a LG LX165 that I got when my account was with Virgin Mobile before it was merged with Boost Mobile. They are also starting to send the "3333" texts to me late at night as well. The last one so far was at 11:22pm tonight.

I wrote about this problem back in September of this year. After getting the run around from tech support for over a week I managed to find a way to stop them by reaching Boost Mobile's Facebook page which they then sent me to an agent via private chat. I told them that texting "9999" doesn't seem to work and the texts continued to come every 2 seconds none stop. They said the problem was on their end and that they will block the calls themselves. It took several days but it finally worked. As a result of talking to them I also found a way where I can ask Boost Mobile to not sell my information and to not allow advertisements to be sent to my number.

-Sign into Boost Mobile's website.

-Click on My Boost and go to My Boost Dashboard.

-Click on Call Settings and from there you can turn off Business and Marketing Preferences.

Also you can;

-go to CCPA Privacy setting page at https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/dashboard/myprivacy and you can request to not have your personal Data sold. There is a button you can click on there.

It worked beautifully. My mobile phone has never been so silent. I loved it. The only strange messages I was getting was from another mysterious place that has no name or phone number but was dated "Jan 6 12:00am" every single time I got one. But those messages are few (like around 4 to 6 plain white text pages every two or three days). I have no clue how to block those.

But I am not as worried about the strange "Jan 6 12:00am" messages as I am of the "3333" texts. Once the "3333" texts start they tend to escalate to the point where they get unbearable and make it impossible to use the phone or even get any rest at night whatsoever.

I don't know why the text messages started again. Boost Mobile stopped them. Why did it start again? Is there something else I can do to make sure this never happens again? I already text "9999" several times today and text the words "Block 3333" but the "3333" texts still are coming in. I worked so hard to find a way to finally get some peace and quiet from these horrible texts back in September and now they somehow managed to outsmart Boost Mobile yet again. What can I do to stop them forever other than getting a new account with a different cell phone service provider. I don't want to loose the account I have now. I pay only $20 every three months. It's a plan I had with Virgin Mobile and it is all I can afford. Especially with this crazy pandemic making us spend more money than we have. Too many relatives getting sick and too many deaths in the family this year.

Hope you all had a very nice and blessed Thanksgiving. Stay safe and Healthy.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

7 m ago

Good day, Laurin. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we've like to assist you. Can you send us a private message, so we can further assist you?

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". 

~JoyP.

26 Messages

2 m ago

How do I delete my Boost mobile account?

No matter how many times I managed to get Boost Mobile to stop the 3333 text calls they ALWAYS come back and it escalates to 70 calls per 5 minutes at all hours. Even at 3am. And calling 9999 does NOT work with old Virgin Mobile LG flip phones. It doesn't stop them whatsoever. I go into a online chat with Boost Mobile, they kindly stop they 3333 texts for 2 or 3 days then the 3333 texts comes back and the process starts all over again. This process has happened multiple times. Now I seem to have a virus that sends me unreadable and unblockable blank page messages. They come in even when I am on airplane mode. I got so stick and tired of all of it that I bought a new, better and cheaper plan with Mint Mobile with a brand new phone and number. But I still have this old Virgin Mobile flip phone with the Boost Mobile account and it is just taking up dust because I have it turned off 24/7.

I can't seem to find the page that lets you delete your account here on Boost Mobile. How do I delete my Boost Mobile account? Does anyone knows? 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Stay safe and healthy, everyone.

Boost Care

• 

3.7K Messages

Hi, Laurin! Are you trying to delete your Boost Mobile account for your device? - Boost_MasielQ

26 Messages

Hello, Thank you so very much for responding. I really appreciate it.

I am trying to delete my account.

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

To uninstall a software you have to go to Settings > Apps > [search the app] > uninstall. 

However, there is pre-installed software that cannot be uninstalled. 
- jalopez81

26 Messages

Thank you so very much for the information and thank you for all of the help.

I am truly grateful.

Wish you luck and Stay safe and Healthy. :) <3

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

We appreciate that. Have a good rest of the day.
- jalopez81