Chefmoe's profile

Sat, Mar 14, 2020 5:00 PM

Unreadable text message from 3333

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

6 Messages

1 y ago

Yes I just joined 10 minutes ago

3 Messages

1 y ago

To begin, a little background.  I have a Virgin Mobile flipphone, UT Starcom and have had it for several years.  I noticed after the transfer to Boost, they have named it Pantech CDM8074 VM though I am not sure what VM called it before.   I was on the Virgin Mobile legacy plan of 25 cents per minute, 15 cents for text, and service at $20 every three months to keep it active with carryover dollars into the next 3 months.   I not sure when this problem started as I keep the phone turned off most of the time,  but after the transfer occurred, I started keeping the phone on to make sure all is working.   I have the 3333 problem as well....and continue to get these messages although in my Boost account it is clearly checked in the block next to "Block all text messages."  I get them several times a day, but I am not being charged for receiving them at least after I had put a block on all text messages in my account.  After calling Customer Support several times, the last Representative said to take my problem to a Boost Mobile store which I did.  At the store in front of the representative I took the chance in opening a "blocked" message" and it was from 3333 and was full of symbols and unreadable but was also said to be from my phone number on their computer.  I checked to see if I was charged for opening this" blocked message", but I was not.  The representative told me there was no charge because  it was from Boost Mobile although tagged or associated as coming from my phone number.  I then asked the rep. to send me a text message from her personal phone which she complied.. we waited to receive it, but I did not receive it and she said it was because the "block" on all text messages was working..  It appears as though these mystery message must be coming from Boost as they are still coming through the "Block" command on my account.  (I also thought perhaps if Boost technical did not know how to block  the messages coming from elsewhere, they would at least encrypt them if I had a" block on all messages" so as to be unreadable and well as not charging me for them if opened.)  The Boost Store rep. did not know what to do to stop them, but at least I was not being charged to receive them.  There is some comfort in that, but it is annoying.  I replaced the ringtone for messages with vibrate, and got so annoyed with the constant vibrations using up my battery, I took the chance of opening up the phone and cutting the wire going to the vibrator and it worked.  Although I am relieved of the vibration and ringtone, yet, I am still getting a visual alert on new messages on my display screen which I dismiss.  I could erase them, but decided to let the stack up and maybe a "message box" will be full and won't get them anymore or maybe this action might alert Boost technical staff to fix the problem.  I think my phone as an old one may not be fully compatible with the Boost system and they could not find fully compatible software.  I am able to still receive and make voice calls though.  I am disappointed in this VM to Boost transfer in this regard as I was under the impression all VM phones would be compatible after the transfer.   If not, I should be offered a new flip phone with the same legacy plan to which the Virgin Mobile UT Starcom phone was originally attached.  But, I would rather for for Boost Mobile to create a way to stop these 3333 messages.  If you can help, please email me and I will give you all the information I can.  I see I am not alone with these 3333 messages.

16 Messages

1 y ago

I get 40 to 50 a day AND all night when I supposed to be sleeping.  It disables my phone and I need my alerts to come through.  It eats my battery, as well.   I will NOT be buying a new phone from Boost, if that is why this is occurring.  I will go elsewhere, since they can't seem to find out why this has been happening day and night for a month, and since they can't put a stop to it.  

16 Messages

1 y ago

I answered this and.......no reply

16 Messages

1 y ago

doesn't work

16 Messages

1 y ago

I too am a Virgin Mobile now Boost customer - this started mid Feb - I too have LG510 and not a smart phone - if I reset will I lose contacts, pics and calendar, notepad?

14 Messages

1 y ago

Same!  I have tried calling this number and I get a recording saying welcome to Boost Mobile.... and then a circle of voicemail options.

14 Messages

1 y ago

I have been getting over 30 texts a day from Boost... but it comes from 3333 and is a blank message.... what is this?

I have tried calling this number and I get a recording from Boost...

Please make it stop!

14 Messages

1 y ago

Any updates on the 3333?  I get them 24 hours a day now...  I had 17 when I got up this morning!

14 Messages

1 y ago

It is from Boost - because when I hit reply/talk I get a Boost voicemail and recording... "Welcome to Boost Moble..."

14 Messages

1 y ago

The 9999  block 3333 did not work.

26 Messages

9 m ago

Hello, I too have a Virgin Mobile LG flip phone. Ever since Virgin Mobile was taken over by Boost Mobile I too have been getting strange texts from the 3333 caller which I can not see. At first the texts would happen twice in the day time and twice at 1:30am. But over time it got worse and worse with the text increasing more and more. Today at 1:24pm I have gotten over 60 text from the 3333 caller. And the day is not over yet.

This is so very upsetting being that my aunt just died this week and I can't even make any phone calls because of the texts are coming in at less than a second apart now. I have had to turn off my phone as a result. I need my phone. I am my father's full time caregiver and if I can't call 911 for whatever reason then my Dad's (who has had open heart surgery) life can be put in serious danger. Plus my Mom lives in Miami and on her block alone 7 people have been hospitalized with Covid-19 and three of them have since died. My Mom needs to be able to contact me in case of any emergency.

I read the calling 9999 option does not work for LG phone users. Please tell us how to fix this problem.

If I find that I have to get a new phone it will NOT be with Boost mobile. Why should it be? If you couldn't help us now then you might not be able to ever help with any new phone.

Sorry for my long rant. Covid and deaths in our family has me under great direst The issue with the phone was the last thing I needed.

Thank you for reading this. Stay safe and healthy.

26 Messages

9 m ago

Hello, @Kira_M. Thank you so very much for your quick reply. I sent you a private message in response to your request. I didn't know where else to click on to reply. Again. Thank you. I so incredibly appreciated your help..

Boost Care

• 

2.1K Messages

9 m ago

Hello, @Laurin. Thank you for stopping by. Please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. 

14 Messages

9 m ago

I had the exact same problem - tried everything - no results.

I finally got a new phone and switched to AT&T.