S

Fri, Apr 9, 2021 12:05 PM

Texting Delays

I originally had Virgin Mobile and was automatically transferred to Boost with 2 Samsung S7s still in use (for myself and wife). I also have another family member with an original Boost account with a Galaxy S8 purchased directly from Boost. We all have problems with texting. The S8 barely can receive text to the point they do not use it and use a data based app to communicate. Most texts are not received at all. As far as the S7s, the issue is that texting is delayed or does not send at all. The delay can sit there for a long time and finally send or not send. This has been happening since summer 2020 and I'm at the point of needing an answer or I need to make a change. Is the problem our phones? If we were to upgrade the S7 phones to let's say the Galaxy S20 FE 5G, will we have the same problems? Our current phones work fine otherwise and I have no reason to change unless the texting issue is a direct result from an older phone model. If so, it's a shame because none of the newer phones have as good specs as the S7. The pixel quality of the screen alone on the old S7 is better then every current Boost android phone. I've tried updating and resetting and dialing ##72786# and no luck - nothing works. Any help or advice is appreciated. 

Responses

Boost Care

• 

3.7K Messages

1 m ago

Hi there! Please try switching the phone to 3g by going to Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select CDMA only. Try using the service on 3g for a bit. Let us know if you notice any improvement. You can change this setting at any time.
- EdmundM

2 Messages

Thank you for your quick response. I did read comments on other topics about doing that and people seemed to be unhappy that they had to go to 3G. Basically they were unhappy that they were paying for the 4G and could only get 3G for their phone to work with texting, etc. From what I read is that it has to do with switching the towers recently- is that correct? I never had these issues prior to last summer.

Ok, so let's say I do and temporarily switch to 3G and it fixes the  texting problem I mentioned, does it come down to the phone I currently have having to be on a particular tower as the main problem? Will getting a newer phone like the Galaxy SE20 FE 5G work without issue and still be on 4G or 5G?

Thanks again for your help!

Boost Care

• 

3.7K Messages

Once you switch to 3g, if it works all you'd need to do is switch it back to LTE again and it should continue working. Indeed the change in towers caused a delay in the update which can be fixed by temporarily switching to 3g. However, there are plenty more other reasons why this could happen so it is not possible for us to determine if the problem you're experiencing now is the same. Nevertheless, if your device works after doing this you wouldn't have any problems with a new phone either. If the issue persists we would need to access your account and perform troubleshooting on a more specific level. 
- EdmundM