Zulpand's profile

Fri, Sep 11, 2020 10:00 AM

Constant 9197 spam

I've been receiving a spam from a 9197 cpde saying "Messenger's enhanced features have been enabled" and this has so far been 5 times in total today and yesterday. How do I stop this from happening? It happens about once every 4-6 hours. I'm using an LG K51 phone and the pre-installed Messaging app that it came with.

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there! Please try checking for software updates. Make sure that your phone is connected through the internet, preferably through Wifi, then go into Settings > System Updates > Update Software. Let us know if the issue persists after the software is up to date.

9 Messages

1 y ago

Yes I had already attempted a software update and it said my phone was already up to date.

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

We understand. Please try it again while following these steps: Please make sure that your device is connected to the internet be it via Wifi or mobile data, then go into Settings > System Updates > Check for and download any software update available. Once it is installed, turn off your Wifi and go into Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and select "CDMA/LTE". Once that is selected, dial the code ##72786#. If the phone asks for confirmation, select the option to say yes. Let us know how it goes.

52 Messages

"Connection problem or invalid MM code"

1 Message

Same here

3.7K Messages

Hi, Lyndalou52! We are terribly sorry about this. We're here to help! Is your device an Android or an Apple device? - Boost_MasielQ

9 Messages

1 y ago

So I turned on WiFI, went to check for updates. Confirmed up to date. Turned off WiFi, went to mobile networks. The options for network mode were GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, GSM/WCDMA auto, WCDMA only and GSM only. Slightly different, but chose GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto (which was also the option already selected but touched it again anyway), then dialed the code. Code shows up with "Connection problem or invalid MMI code."

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

1 y ago

Understood. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there elizancaf. Thank you for contacting us. We want lo look into this for you. Please send us a private message with the details. victor21

2 Messages

1 y ago

Hello, I'm having this same problem on my Moto G Fast that I just purchased to replace my old Boost phone. It's a different model than the OP so I don't have the "network mode" option. My phone software it up to date and I've restarted the phone a couple of times. Is there a fix for my phone model? Thanks!

Boost Care

• 

2.3K Messages

9 m ago

Hello, @stuexeter. Thanks for stopping by. We sorry to hear about this. Did you make sure your WiFi was off when you tried the ##72786#?

4 Messages

9 m ago

I'm having the same problem with my moto g power. Software up to date and connected to boost using LTE, get the message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code." when I dial ##72786#

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

9 m ago

Understood. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

4 Messages

9 m ago

Yes, wifi was off.

52 Messages

7 m ago

I finally tweeted to @BoostCare and they said quit the app (I also cleared the cache and restarted). 

I think it worked, it's been more than 24 hours. 

I'll edit this if it doesn't work.

PS I could never figure how to send a private message on this board, maybe it's been disabled.

52 Messages

for a day only

52 Messages

7 m ago

I sent this question to @BoostCare on twitter and they said quit the app - I did that, cleared the cache and restarted and it seems to have worked.

52 Messages

for a day only

52 Messages

6 m ago

For some people disabling/toggling the Enhanced Messaging feature that you suggesed did work.

For some disabling wifi and dialing ##72786# workd.

But for me disabling chat on PREVIOUS DEVICE worked for me. messages.google.com/disable-chat

52 Messages

It's been two days!

Woo-hoo!

52 Messages

SOLVED

11 Messages

6 m ago

I bought the Iphone 8 and immediately I started receiving text messages from 9197 every 4 - 6 hours. How do I stop it?  I already have the latest update. 

3.6K Messages

Hello @radbo2003 Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure that your device is connected to the internet be it via Wi-Fi or mobile data, then go into Settings > System Updates > Check for and download any software update available. Once it is installed, turn off your Wi-Fi and go into Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and select "CDMA/LTE. Once you have completed this , follow the next steps:

Tap Phone icon.
Tap Key Pad if necessary.
Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.
When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.
When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK

- Joy1713

3.6K Messages

Thank you for the information. We've marked your post private. Would you please confirm your phone number and PIN, so we can review the account?

- Joy1713

11 Messages

708 698 8153  1750

Boost Care

• 

2.1K Messages

Thank you for the information. On your phone, please do the following:

Tap Phone icon.
Tap Key Pad if necessary.
Enter ##25327# then tap Call icon.
When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.
When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK

Any change, please let us know. 

- Kira_M

11 Messages

Hi Kira, it says Error performing request unknown error