Amberrterry's profile

Sat, Oct 7, 2017 5:00 PM

Can’t send a text message in group chat?

I’m trying to stay in contact with my family and it will not allow me to send a text in group chat. I’m the only iPhone the rest are androids. I have the $50 unlimited everything plan but I can’t figure out how to send a text in group chat. It keep saying failed to send. I can send texts to individuals and to groups of iPhone users but not anyone else. Am I doing something wrong? Please help me.

Responses

Frankt

Boost Care

• 

1K Messages

• 

790 Points

3 years ago

Hi there, Amberrterry! Please make sure that group messages is enabled on Settings by following these steps:

• Navigate to Settings
  • Tap on Messages
  • Scroll down to Group Messaging and make sure it is enabled.

5 Messages

3 years ago

My group message is turned on. As well as sms mms. Is there anything else I can do?
Frankt

Boost Care

• 

1K Messages

• 

790 Points

3 years ago

Thanks, Amberrterry. This seems to be a known issue with previous IPhone users now using android. You can verify with your android contacts, if they had IPhones before. I f they did, they will need to check that they have deregistered iMessage / turned off iMessage, now that they are using a non-Apple phone. Please access the following link for more details on the process they would need to follow to deregister iMessage:  https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/ .

Joy1713

Boost Care

• 

3.1K Messages

• 

610 Points

3 years ago

@Amberrterry Hello! Are you using an iPhone? Have you make any changes recently?

~ Joy P.

5 Messages

3 years ago

But they never had apple phones. They’ve only ever had android. My family has always had android and they’re the ones not getting my messages. My friends who have I phones do. My old iPhone used to send group messages to androids but this one doesn’t. Is it because I changed plans? I just want to be able to talk to my family all at once.
Joy1713

Boost Care

• 

3.1K Messages

• 

610 Points

3 years ago

@Amberterry. Please, send us a private message, so we can further assist you.

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~ Joy P.

5 Messages

3 years ago

I’m using an iPhone se, I just switched from Verizon to boost. That’s the only real change from when it was working to not working.

5 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same problem. I just switched my iPhone 7 from Verizon yesterday. I kept my phone and phone number and my family has always had android phones. I also have all the settings on my phone turned on. Can someone help me with this.

5 Messages

3 years ago

I ended up just going to a boost store to get it done. The person never told me what he did but it works fine now.
Boost_Ejay

Boost Care

• 

879 Messages

3 years ago

@Jarnvila88 Hi.

1.Go to Settings on your Apple device.
2.Tap Messages.
3.Set iMessage to Off.

Hope this helps.

- E.J.

5 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same problem. I just switched my iPhone 7 from Verizon yesterday. I kept my phone and phone number and my family has always had android phones. I also have all the settings on my phone turned on. Can someone help me with this.

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hi,
This did not work. I turned iMessage off and turned the phone off to reset it and it still didn't work once the phone was back on.
RossyC

Boost Care

• 

2.5K Messages

• 

1.1K Points

3 years ago

Thanks, @Jarnvila88. Were you able to send text messages in group chat before? Can you please let us know the error message you're getting when trying to send texts?

RossyC

Boost Care

• 

2.5K Messages

• 

1.1K Points

3 years ago

Thanks for the information. Please, follow these steps, then try to send a group message and let us know the outcome:

-Settings.
-Messages.
-Send as SMS, tap button to turn it ON.

5 Messages

3 years ago

Yes I was able to have group messages I actually had messages from before I switched. I deleted them in case that was the issue and started a new group message. It just says "Not Delivered" in red with an exclamation point beside the message. When I click the exclamation point and it says "your message was not sent. Tap "try again" to send this message."