Em_Will_I_Am's profile

Tue, Sep 25, 2018 8:00 AM

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 9/20/2018

Samsung - Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U)

Software Version: N950USQS5CRI4
Release Date: 9/20/2018
Method: Available OTA 


Fixes:

 

September Android Security Patch

Responses

29 Messages

2 y ago

Hi, I am thinking of buying a used Note 8 unlocked with US variant SM-N950U for a good price of about $320. Should I assume that your posting about this software patch for N950U means that SM-N950U will work in the Boost network? Thanks in advance, Margaret

369 Messages

2 y ago

Yes, if it's unlocked from the prior carrier, you are good.

 


@macadi63 wrote:

Hi, I am thinking of buying a used Note 8 unlocked with US variant SM-N950U for a good price of about $320. Should I assume that your posting about this software patch for N950U means that SM-N950U will work in the Boost network? Thanks in advance, Margaret


 

29 Messages

2 y ago

Nobody asked me to get that info. I can ask but it might be too late re: shipping.

369 Messages

2 y ago

Cool, just hit me up if you run into any issues.  Did you get the unlocked version from Samsung?  The SE?

 


@macadi63 wrote:
Thanks! I decided to buy a brand new unlocked with that US variant SM-N950U. Will arrive on Friday. Then, I'll get the SIM kit. Fingers crossed! I have had a Note 2 since 2012 ... hope this switch works!!!

 

369 Messages

2 y ago

Yes, but is it a Special Edition (SE) from Samsung or just an unlocked version?  Did you get the ESN/MEID from him?

 


@macadi63 wrote:
I bought it off of eBay with a company that does a ton of wireless business and has a top reputation. I hope I'm not being naive. They were selling both new and used. I decided to grab the new one (unopened) to be safe.

 

369 Messages

2 y ago

Hmmmm....it says GSM unlocked and not CDMA.  We won't know until you get it in hand and we can check the ESN.  If it's a SE, we are golden.  Let me know when you get it.

 


@macadi63 wrote:

SS of purchased item.PNG

 


 

29 Messages

2 y ago

Thanks! I decided to buy a brand new unlocked with that US variant SM-N950U. Will arrive on Friday. Then, I'll get the SIM kit. Fingers crossed! I have had a Note 2 since 2012 ... hope this switch works!!!

369 Messages

2 y ago

You got a link to what you bought?

 


@macadi63 wrote:
Nobody asked me to get that info. I can ask but it might be too late re: shipping.

 

29 Messages

2 y ago

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=202645652932&view=all&tid=1782652833010

 

Does that work for you? The seller updated the listing, so this is a view of what I bought. I can send a screenshot instead if that helps. Thanks for your help!!

29 Messages

2 y ago

SS of purchased item.PNG

 

29 Messages

2 y ago

I bought it off of eBay with a company that does a ton of wireless business and has a top reputation. I hope I'm not being naive. They were selling both new and used. I decided to grab the new one (unopened) to be safe.

29 Messages

2 y ago

I sent you both a link and a screenshot. In scrolling down the listing, I think I am now screwed. It says at the bottom of the link (that I sent to you), that it doesn't work with CDMA (Sprint). Does this mean that it won't work with Boost either? Ack!

29 Messages

2 y ago

Thank you SO much for helping me with this! I'll let you know on Friday when it comes. Have a great week.

29 Messages

2 y ago

I am sad because my daughter is on my Boost plan and it is a good price. 😞      If we both have to move off of Boost, not too happy about that. I have been waiting for this Note 8 price to drop forever and finally found one in my price range. Monthly costs also matter, so what the heck. T-Mobile and AT&T will not be in my monthly price range.

369 Messages

2 y ago

Yes, Boost and Sprint operate on CDMA.

 


@macadi63 wrote:

I sent you both a link and a screenshot. In scrolling down the listing, I think I am now screwed. It says at the bottom of the link (that I sent to you), that it doesn't work with CDMA (Sprint). Does this mean that it won't work with Boost either? Ack!