Guerazo's profile

Sat, Oct 24, 2020 10:00 AM

Samsung Galaxy S8 suddenly won't send or receive MMS, including group messages

I was automatically moved to Boost from Virgin Mobile last year. All has worked fine until yesterday. I have 4 phones with Boost, 2 androids and 2 iPhones. 3 are working fine, however, my Galaxy S8 will no longer send or receive MMS, unless I send it to the other Samsung phone. I have read and tried all possible fixes such as resetting PRL and reseting network. Nothing has worked. I've read that many are having this problem suddenly. Please help. I need MMS for work. I will have to change carriers if not resolved soon.

Responses

2 Messages

5 m ago

They had me jump through all sorts hoops and even suggested that I reset my phone, which I did. Nothing I can do fixed my issue aside from downgrading to CDMA. Their support channel will not own up to the issue.

1 Message

5 m ago

When can we expect an update to fix this issue without downgrading to CMDA?

7 Messages

5 m ago

Downgrade your phone service to CDMA for 3G service so you can at least get MMS text messages.  My guess is there will be no fix for this issue.  My phone has had this same problem since July and it still is not fixed.

7 Messages

4 m ago

SOLUTION that worked for me:  go into your phones DEFAULT "messages app". Go into settings - then Chat Settings. I switched OFF my "Rich Communications Settings" - waited 2 minted then turned it back ON. I then set "select default message type" to automatic.  Then I switched my phone NETWORK from CDMA back to LTE / CDMA. Phone rebooted - it WORKED for me. I was amazed.

5 Messages

4 m ago

I just tried that, but it only worked when sending mms to another Samsung phone. Was still unable to send mms to iPhone on same network.

7 Messages

4 m ago

Thanks for the tip. I do appreciate your efforts to help..... I tried your fix unfortunately it did not work for me.  I had my son send me a mms message (image) from another provider and the phone would not download the image.  I changed back to the slower 3G network (CDMA) and now the image downloads as it should although just slow.  I'll just change providers as soon as the (12) month kidnapping of my phone is released and never come back.

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

4 m ago

I'm so sorry we let you down, Blund. We're always looking to provide the best experience for our customers. Might you be up for sending me a private message? I'd love to know more about your experience and how we can make it better.

2 Messages

4 m ago

Perhaps Boost should just own up to the issue rather than continuously inviting people to tinker with their phone.. I reset my phone per Boost's advice and all that did was cause a lot of inconvenience while I dial everything back in - passwords and such.
Just tell people that you're aware of the issue and to switch to CDMA temporarily and that a fix is on the way. If that's not the case then you should explore other remedies and halt with having your customers jump through unnecessary hoops, and tell us what to expect next.

10 Messages

1 m ago

Has anyone had a fix to this? I've been dealing with it for 5 months. Currently looking into a class action lawsuit for Boost taking our money and not providing the service we're paying for, especially knowing it's a problem. 

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us! We’re aware our customers are experiencing difficulties with voice and data services. Our team is working diligently to restore service to full capacity soon. We apologize for the inconvenience. - Boost_MasielQ

10 Messages

When do you expect this to be fixed? It's been going on for over 5 months? 

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us! We’re aware our customers are experiencing difficulties with voice and data services. Our team is working diligently to restore service to full capacity soon. We do not have a set up time frame for fix as of yet. We apologize for the inconvenience. - Boost_MasielQ

20 Messages

1 m ago

I'm having the same issues, I can't make calls send texts or use the internet on my data I can't even receive calls, I was told I need a new sim card because my mobile data service says disconnected. I even went through the same methods as you. 

20 Messages

No, I said this phone was working fine until last Wednesday, now it just doesn't pick up service at all. Did all troubleshooting the boost rep suggested and I even tried a new sim card. Nothing worked. 

Boost Care

• 

2.6K Messages

The SIM card 89011202002586410550  doesn't work for this phone. 

Do you have the previous SIM card? 

- jalopez81

20 Messages

I have a J3 emerge that I'm using right now so I don't know if i can use it 

Boost Care

• 

2.6K Messages

The cell phone needs a valid SIM card. Where's the SIM card you had before 89011202002586410550? 

- jalopez81

20 Messages

I didn't have one before this. I have a sim card in my J3 emerge but I can't get it out.