6-year-customer's profile

Fri, Sep 11, 2020 12:00 PM

Samsung Galaxy A11 finally works - Thank you Ash!

Last month I ordered a new Samsung A11 phone online from Boost, and although it would work when I was in town, I kept getting a "device not registered on network" error message when I would try to call or text from home or my office. I couldn't receive calls, either. This was a terrible situation for me because I need my phone for work, and I couldn't get service at that location. Our landlord was also in the process of evicting us because they developed a sudden urge to sell their property during a pandemic. We are trying to find a new place, so I also needed a phone for that. I called Boost and got a serious runaround. I was told my phone needed to update. I was told the SIM card must be bad, so I went to a Boost store and paid to replace it with an identical one. It didn't fix the problem. I was told by Boost Phone support that the A11 was incompatible with the local network and was incompatible with the CDMA network in my area. Over the next frustrating three weeks, I was laughed at, hung up on, told that my phone itself was defective (but not until after the 7-day return period had ended), told to call Samsung for a refund, then was sent back to Boost by Samsung who said they couldn't help me. I was also told by a Boost mobile rep that I needed to pay for my phone upfront because then I could be switched back to the CDMA network. There were many more calls with tech support reps who were well-meaning, but unfortunately unable to help.

After 3 weeks of begging for help, a rep agreed to send me a SIM card kit, but unfortunately,  after 3 weeks of not being able to use my phone for work, I was fired from my job. The SIM kit arrived the next day. Not having my phone for the 4 days after I was fired also meant that no one I submitted my resume to could contact me, so I am sure I have also lost employment opportunities because of it.

Last Sunday, I called Boost again and somehow, magically, was connected to the marvelous Miss Ash in tech support. I read her each SIM card number and she was able to help me find the card that was compatible with my phone and the local network. I inserted the card (it was the one in the SIM card kit labeled with the letter D). She asked me to dial ##7276#, and she also reset my account. The phone connected to the network, and I haven't had any issues with it since. Note: if you have a family plan like me, make sure you have the full phone number and PIN for each phone on your plan. My payment information was also reset, but that was a very minor problem compared to everything else. Just know that you'll probably have to go into your Boost account and re-enter that information.

I hope this information helps anyone who has a new Samsung phone with similar issues. Boost, give Ash a raise, and make her a department head or something. She was the only one who helped me, but it shouldn't have been that difficult. She seriously needs to be training your employees,  not just talking to customers.

Responses

Boost Care

• 

1.3K Messages

7 m ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, @6-year-customer. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

26 Messages

7 m ago

Never mind. It stopped working again on Friday. It's at a Samsung repair center now.

2 Messages

Bost A11 is not working with other carriers Network even if it unlocked. If the phones sales code is DSH then it's Good with all other Network.  If the sales code is BST then it's not good, doesn't connect with Network,  always shows searching, No Sim, No Service. Sometimes shows E or 2g data. You can find your sales code by going on settings >>>about phone>>>software information.  Scroll down and see carrier information.  If it says BST/BST/BST THEN YOU WILL SUFFER  if the code is DSH/DSH/BST THEN YOU ARE GOOD. Not only A11. Some other models also have this issue. Make sure before you buy a bost mobile or sprint device.

26 Messages

6 m ago

My phone does not work. I got the replacement, and even though Samsung gave me a Boost Mobile Samsung A11, it can't be activated on the Boost Mobile network. No one at Boost cares, and Samsung says it's not their problem, it's a Boost Mobile network problem. This is horrible. I am having a difficult time believing that Boost has no way to reprovision their own damned phones.

26 Messages

6 m ago

I just left Boost after 6 years. I took my phone and went to another carrier, it was activated on the exact same network Boost uses, no problems at all. It just seems that Boost doesn't care about their customer's experience, and that's sad. I plan to move the other 4 lines of my family plan as soon as I get the rest of the SIM cards I just ordered. I don't know how Boost expects to rip off customers and get away with it. Toodles.

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

5 m ago

Hi there dannysigner. We definitely want to look into any issue you may be experiencing with our service. Please send us a private message with the details to better assist you. 

1 Message

5 m ago

Wow! I am experiencing the same problems and think its time for me to switch as well. Thank you for helping me see the issue is boost and their respect for their customers.

2 Messages

2 m ago

Bost A11 is not working with other carriers Network even if it unlocked. If the phones sales code is DSH then it's Good with all other Network.  If the sales code is BST then it's not good, doesn't connect with Network,  always shows searching, No Sim, No Service. Sometimes shows E or 2g data. You can find your sales code by going on settings >>>about phone>>>software information.  Scroll down and see carrier information.  If it says BST/BST/BST THEN YOU WILL SUFFER  if the code is DSH/DSH/BST THEN YOU ARE GOOD. Not only A11. Some other models also have this issue. Make sure before you buy a bost mobile or sprint device