Great Topic!
Applause!
Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Oct 27, 2020 11:00 AM

Galaxy S8 can not send/receive MMS or use mobile data

For nearly a week I have not been able to use my mobile data or send/receive MMS. I have tried resetting the phone, clearing caches, using the ##72786# reset, and resetting the network. Nothing is working and I am missing important messages from my employees and vendors. My account is completely up to date so there should be no reason I cannot use my mobile data. Ever since the merger I have had issues with my phone and service.

Responses

Groupie

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

My phone is doing the same thing cant send or recieve mms I actually bought it from the boost aite

Groupie

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I have the S8+ and my wife has the S8. We both are experiencing problems sending and receiving pictures. I keep doing the ##72786# and resetting to CDMA from automatic. this is very disturbing in the fact that i have used my phone for work this way for years with no issue. Anyone find the secret fix?

langelica

Enthusiast

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I'm also running into the same problem and have tried everything. 

Those who are switching carriers, where are you thinking of going? I'm too impatient to wait on Boost to resolve this. 

Lj062

13 Messages

4 months ago

I'm probably switch to cricket. They're cheap and use ATT towers. Or perhaps a WalMart plan.

Enthusiast

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Im also thinking of straight talk from WalMart. Ive had them before and left because Boost had a cheaper plan. Now Straight Talk has an even better plan than Boost.
AmyM25

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

• 

2K Points

4 months ago

Hi! Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. We'll do our best to help you today. Please send us a private message, so we can review the steps you have tried, and try something else directly from your account to see how it works out. Thank you. ~AmyM25

Enthusiast

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Same problem here. Samsung S8. Tried all the "fixes", but so far nothing works. Only work around I've found is switching my phone into CDMA mode only. So yeah, it's 2020 and I'm stuck using 3G!! Been a loyal boost customer for 8+ years. But if Boost doesn't find a solution, I'll have to jump ship.
Kira_M

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

4 months ago

Hello, @Girnade. Thank you for stopping by. Please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M.

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I've had this phone for a couple years and this started happening to me a few days ago. MMS messages will come in as messages that aren't/won't download in the chats of the senders. I've tried turning off my wifi setting and updating PRL and resetting my network settings. Nothing has fixed it yet for me.

Enthusiast

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Edmonds
I've been a customer with Boost for about a decade now. I've never had issues with my galaxy s8+ until now. When someone just buys a phone from you everything should work without excuses; we rely on that. It's not acceptable for your phones to be unable to send MMS without correction whether one had just bought their phones and wants to use your service. Would you accept that? I've had my Galaxy 8+ for about 2 years with no issues until now. A couple weeks ago this happened and I did a factory reset successfully. This is not a phone issue. This is a network issue. Value your customers who've been with you faithfully, and have repeatedly recommended Boost. Now, I don't know if I can anymore. Please fix this.
EdmundM

Boost Care

• 

3K Messages

• 

1.4K Points

4 months ago

Hi there, Karinklc38! We're aware of this issue affecting several customers and our network engineers are currently doing all they can to have it resolved as soon as possible. A known workaround is going into Settings > Mobile Networks > Network mode > Select CDMA. This will switch the phone to 3g. You can change this setting at any time. Let us know if the issue persists while on 3g.

melissac

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

4 months ago

Hello, BA22. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN.

Enthusiast

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Hello, same issue here.  MMS messages are not sending/receiving on WiFi or 4G for past several days.  I can PM details, can you help to resolve this please?

Groupie

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I have been having this exact same issue since July! Boost has been giving me the runaround and I have tried every code and even did a factory reset!! It still won't work right! They kept blaming Samsung until I took my phone there and had a diagnostics ran on it and was told it was BOOST's NETWORK!! When I called and told them they argued with me assuring it was not the case or my phone would not work at all!! There's a lot more to this issue but you get the point. I am drained and tried getting another service, long story short Boost would NOT unlock my phone because I haven't had it for a year yet!!! I asked them what difference does it make if I pay it off and they told me it's their policy!! I am beyond LIVID and ready to take matters to a more serious step!!