NYCKid's profile

Sun, Jan 17, 2021 5:00 PM

Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Hello Boostmobile Staff,

Will boostmobile be carring/supporting the new Galaxy S21 Ultra phone?

Thanks

Responses

9 Messages

1 m ago

Still not supportung

9 Messages

1 m ago

I went to a Boostmobile store today. According to the employee, they just had a new training about the new 5g sim cards. Fingers Crossed hopefully soon. I can use my S21 outside my house. I am on a family plan,trying to get everyone to agree to switch is a pain.  

8 Messages

Yeah,  hopefully it's a smooth transition.  Did they make any mention of having to get a new sim card for the s21?

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

Hey there @Braymanno Thank you for showing interest in our service. At the moment we do not have any information about this. Please, keep checking our website for updates. 

- Joy1713

1 m ago

Since most these posts are a month old, I wanted to add an update.

I have been trying to activate my Samsung S21 5G for a week now. I have spoken to multiple customer service reps, and went to the boost store 2 times. The customer service told me that I needed an extended network card, but they didn't have any to send me. The store told me, after trying to activate my phone for 2 hours, and after calling the regional manager, that my phone was "internationally locked" and can not be activated by any network in the United States. Sooooo after talking to Samsung to try and get it "unlocked" they assured me that it is unlocked and Boost's network does not support the 5G extended network. The regional manager did ask if she had any sim cards ending in something but I missed the conversation, and the store lady said "no all mine end in F". So maybe they have them out just not enough to send anywhere. I'm pretty peeved about this situation as I spent way too much on this phone to just sit and be useless. 

From Samsung:

"Boost Mobile is actively working to ensure that the required 5G SIM is available for Samsung Customers and has plans to support Galaxy S21 5G series activations in the future. Currently Boost Mobile is expecting the special 5G SIM card to be available to activate the Galaxy S21 by 4/1/2021"

If anyone is able to get activated, please post an update with any info that may help. I will update as I get new information. 

8 Messages

That's a better time frame than "eventually,  just keep checking" thanks for the update though! It's nice to know they're expecting different sim cards as opposed to being led to believe the current ones would work for 'all phones' i went to two stores, and called customer care.   the first was not helpful at all, customer care was also not helpful,  and forced my account into the new network.   the second guy definitely tried and got in touch with a representative to assist,  they talked about overriding the requirements or something,  didn't quite work out that way, but he was much more willing to assist me and try to find a solution and was transparent about what he'd learned in the process. I figured I'd have to wait a little while for compatibility,  glad it's not multiple months later.  Hopefully we're given a heads up to be able to get the sim cards ASAP, seeing as we're for sure going to be needing them

9 Messages

@HypnoticOutcast I was told by a Boostmobile sales person (from the store) they just had a training on a new 5g sim cards. But they can't order the new ones until April 1st. So at least we got the same information. Fingers crossed. I can only use my Galaxy S21 at home.

1 Message

1 m ago

As of March 8th, 2021 Boost is supporting the Samsung S21 Ultra, BUT, this phone is 5G only, I am in West Virginia and the Boost 5G Network is not turned on here yet. I talked with CS and the phone is supported, just waiting until the 5G is turned on here in WV, was told April/May, so I am figuring more like June. Check in your area if the 5G is working if so the phone should be able to be activated

5 Messages

Thanks for your comment fishman1876s ... I'm in California, we have full 5G active through Boost's parent carrier T-Mobile; but Boost still cannot activate as of 3/11/21. I tried through customer service (live) ... they said they activated the enhanced network (5G) SIM card, however don't know why it won't complete the activation process. I then tried "swap device" online after signing in. Website error reads, "We had trouble processing your ICCID. Please try again." BTW, the phone should fall back to 4G when 5G is unavailable, so I'm not too sure about your 5G only theory. 

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi there 5G4me. We definitely wan to look into any issues you may be experiencing with the service. We have marked your message as private to access any account information needed. Please provide us with the details. 
- Victor21

5 Messages

Thank you Victor21 for your reply. After calling Boost Mobile again, seems HypnoticOutcast has the best answer for this, as I was told the enhanced network SIM card from Boost is not compatible with the S21 after all.

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

@5G4me Looks like you're trying to activate an unlocked device. If so, please know that not all unlocked phones are compatible with us. In case you haven't, visit our website to check if your device is compatible with our network. Here is the link: https://boost.co/30CCWgp.

- RossyC

5 Messages

Thank you for your assistance RossyC ... I checked and it stated, "Great News! buy an expanded network SIM card" with an "activate now" button under it. Unless the expanded network SIM card is different than the enhanced network SIM card (which I have), then I will just take the advice of HypnoticOutcast

6 Messages

1 m ago

How is it possible that not one employee knows if the Galaxy S21 lineup will ever be compatible with Boost mobile...? To make it worse I can't switch my family plan to t-mobile or metro because boost mobile won't unlock my sister's and father's phone...Just when I thought Boost mobile couldn't disappoint me anymore 

Moving to Visible or US mobile once I get my S21

(edited)

1 Message

24 d ago

I have been dealing with the same issue, that most of you have with the Samsung Galaxy S21 and SIM card. Do not run around town looking for 516tq sim card it doesn't work (Trust Me)! I think the problem is boost doesn't even sell that phone yet. But if it's a Unlocked phone it shouldn't matter. So I guess Boost doesn't want our business anymore! BOOST YOU NEED TO STEP UP AND MAKE THINGS RIGHT!!!!!!!!! GOOD BYE :D

10 Messages

Dish wireless owns Ting and Republic Wireless who both allow all the S21's.

12 Messages

24 d ago

Goodbye Boost just got my phone activated on Metro. Took 5 minutes.

Boost Care

• 

729 Messages

We understand. If there's anything we could do to help, please do not hesitate to call or reach out to us via our Social Media Network for assistance. - MichaelDe

9 Messages

@tj222004 I am trying to leave Boostmobile too. This is ridiculous, hopefully there is a new sim card April 1st. I wish I had twitter, to ask them what the problem was. Because no one has any real answers. It's so frustrating! I have been with Boostmobile so long, and never had  problem with them before. 

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi there Looneytisha. We definitely want to look into any issues you may be experience. Please send us your concern on a new post to address it accordingly. 
- Victor21

10 Messages

Has anyone had any success re-skuing through Dealer Resources at Boost?

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

HI there Helloman. To be able to assist you, please provide us with the information. Your phone's IMEI and SIM card number so we can take a look. Thanks!
- Victor21

9 Messages

24 d ago

@Importd  I have not tried.  I don't even know how or what that does. How does it work? 

10 Messages

A Boost rep calls or gets online with Dealer Resources and adds the specific IMEI for your phone into the system just like it was from another carrier.

9 Messages

@Importd  No. They have called Boost customer service {or who ever they call}. They tell them it's nothing they can do about it. 

10 Messages

I've called too for my S21 plus for weeks. I'm using a piece of crap A10 until it will swap as I traded my S20.

(edited)

6 Messages

Surely not as bad as having to go back to a galaxy s7 after having spent so much on an S21 ultra 🤦‍♂️

9 Messages

Still their boost carrier not compatible with s21 ultra

97 Messages

23 d ago

@Boost @Boostmob1 Hi boost support do you have any idea if or when the galaxy s21 ultra will be supported by boost mobile? Should I be considering finding a new carrier.

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi there NYCkid. So sorry, We do not have news on this at the moment. Any updates will be posted online.
- Victor21

9 Messages

@NYCKid boost mobile was sprint subsidy which is now merge in Tmobile.

Their management not serious to take this issue so wait or switch to another carrier.

9 Messages

18 d ago

According to their customer service sim which number  end with 416tq or 516tq compatible but both sim are not working I spend many hour for searching these sim.

At last they ship sim which also not compatible. 

9 Messages

18 d ago

No.no.no.no.no you have to switch another carrier if you want to active s21 ultra.

6 Messages

I called today and was told they will have a sim card for it by the beginning of April or mid April. I'm thinking about switching carriers but don't know to which.

(edited)

97 Messages

@Chelleeeeee_ I hear T-Mobile has a great plan call Magenta-Max or something similar. Check it out. It's probably the one I will be moving too. I also heard of a new service called Visible powered by the Verizon network.

6 Messages

Awesome thank you! 

They can for sure connect and unlocked s21 ultra right? 

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

HI there Chelleeee. How may we help you today?
- Victor21

97 Messages

16 d ago

Hi there @Victor21 you can help all of us by bringing the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra into service.

10 Messages

@NYCKid Hahahahahaha

97 Messages

I am holding off & giving boost mobile the benefit of the doubt. Up to this day I don't understand how they could have the iPhone 12 up & ready but not the S21. Preferential treatment? Better kickbacks from Apple?

8 Messages

15 d ago

I bought a expandable sim card kit for my phone, I try to activate it, but it keep giving me this error message saying it has trouble processing the activation,  I call boost customer care and they cannot help me. They say the only way I can fix this is go the boost mobile store and have them check for the right sim card for the phone. The rep said the card I bought was the wrong one tomorrow am going to the boost store to see if they have the sim that I need.

6 Messages

@Floydg75 you should ask for a refund, boost mobile is well aware that none of the sim cards they have are compatible with galaxy S21. 

6 Messages

All they will tell you is that there's no other sim card for it since it's the extended network sim card

6 Messages

Absolutely, you should refund the SIMs. It's really messed up that they have people on a wild goose chase, looking for a SIM that will work with the S21. There's no SIM that will work with it yet. All Boost employees should know this by now.

3 Messages

13 d ago

hello anything new with the s21 ultra? i don't know how boost can't service the s21 compared to the iphone 12 since dish bought boost i think it was a bad idea

3 Messages

13 d ago

hello anything new with the s21 ultra? i don't know how boost can't service the s21 compared to the iphone 12 since dish bought boost i think it was a bad idea

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

Hi! Thanks for contacting us. We are glad to assist you. We are sorry, we don't have any news about that yet. 

- AmyM25