Mrshiffles's profile

Wed, Sep 9, 2020 12:00 AM

Galaxy A20 FM Tuner

Did the Android 10 update around a month or so ago and went to fire up the NextRadio app and I get a message: FM Radio is Unavailable

Apparently the app is now blocked...why? and how do I get this fixed? I want access to the FM chip because sometimes I like to listen to the radio when camping/hiking and have no access to cellular data...

Please shed some light on this!

Thank you

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

7 m ago

Hello, @Mrshiffles. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about this. Definitely want to take a look into this for you. Do you still have the app on your phone?

4 Messages

7 m ago

No but I can reinstall it.

Boost Care

• 

2.6K Messages

7 m ago

Please try to reinstall it, and let us know.

4 Messages

7 m ago

Still get the "FM Radio is Unavailable" message. Underneath it says:

"We'd love to bring you local radio, but NextRadio doesn't have access to the FM radio receiver in your device. Let your wireless carrier know that you'd like to listen to free FM radio on your phone with NextRadio!"

So apparently an update in the past couple months blocked access to the FM chip.

Why? and is there a work around?

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

7 m ago

Do you get that error even when the headphones connected? 

4 Messages

6 m ago

Of Course...same message either way

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

6 m ago

@Mrshiffles: Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried using a different FM radio app?

10 Messages

1 m ago

boost moble turned off your phones access to the FM receiver chip on your phone there is no fix for this boost moble has to turn it on in there firmware

10 Messages

1 m ago

boost moble took access away for the phones FM receiver the only way it will work again is if they turn it back on through a firmware update

10 Messages

1 m ago

reinstalling wont work the phone is lock out of access to the FM receiver chip because of boost mobiles firmware update