LGStylo2's profile

Mon, Aug 31, 2020 10:00 PM

Can't send/receive MMS over WiFi (Galaxy S8+)

I have a Galaxy S8+. About a month ago I lost the ability to send and receive MMS when WiFi is turned on. I can still send/receive MMS when WIFi is disabled. I've restarted my phone, confirmed that mobile data is on, have switch to cellular data when Wi-Fi is unstable enabled. I also tried resetting my network settings and did a full factory reset for my phone. None of these efforts resolved my issue. Please help thanks

Responses

10 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks. I'll give it a try later on. I'm in AZ. At least until last weekend I still had to do the network switcharoo to CDMA for it to work. Others mentioned to just turn off WiFi and it worked for them but not for me, I tried.

10 Messages

4 months ago

Nah, I tried and it is still not working for me. I even turned WiFi off after the reset and tried to send a MMS. It didn't work. I guess I have to wait a little bit longer maybe?

10 Messages

3 months ago

Update: I had a provider Internet/WiFi outage last Saturday. While the WiFi/Internet service was out my phone was starting to send or receive MMS without the need to switch/reboot the network to CDMA as I have done till then. So, now, when sending/receiving MMS I just have to turn off WiFi. Yay. One milestone at a time.

10 Messages

3 months ago

Sorry, nope.

Update: I had a provider Internet/WiFi outage last Saturday. While the WiFi/Internet service was out my phone was starting to send or receive MMS without the need to switch/reboot the network to CDMA as I have done till then. So, now, when sending/receiving MMS I just have to turn off WiFi. Yay. One milestone at a time.

2 Messages

a month ago

It's simply a technique to get you to buy a new phone. Software update not compatible with older phones. At least they could be honest about it. 

2 Messages

a month ago

Problem started Sept 2020 & persists to this day