MarkyMark9494's profile

Sun, Sep 6, 2020 12:00 PM

Unlocking a new Galaxy S20

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy s20 through Boost after my Galaxy s8 stopped making texts and calls. I wasn't planning on buying the phone but was heading on vacation the next day and needed a working phone. The guy who sold me my s20 said I would be able to unlock it after ~30 days but as I tried to get it unlocked I find that my device needs to be active on my account for 12 months. I would like to change providers and take my expensive new phone with me and not have to buy a new phone. Is there any way I can unlock my phone to take it somewhere else. I use to much data a month to be resetting my plan 3-4 times a month to refresh my data and not get stuck on unusable 2g.

I tried calling Customer Care and they told me they're system wouldn't let them unlock my phone so the rep I was talking to transfered my call to Samsung to see if they would help, but they told me only boost could unlock me. I'd really hate to have to buy a second new phone in a 1 month period

Responses

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

8 m ago

Hello, MarkyMark9494. Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, the cellphone can't be unlocked until it complies with the following requirements:

-The device has been active for at least 12 months on the same account. 
-The device has not been reported as lost or stolen. 
-A payment has been made within the last 90 days. 
-The device must be powered on and in Sprint coverage, within the U.S., with the original SIM card inserted. 

Since the handset has been active less than a year, sadly, it's not eligible to be unlocked.