jzam's profile

Thu, Oct 12, 2017 1:00 PM

Unlocked Samsung S8

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8, is it eligible for the BYOD?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

745 Messages

4 y ago

Yes, the factory unlocked or Open Market version of the S8 is compatible with Boost Mobile.  

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

4 y ago

Hey there, @jzam! Click here https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?INTNAV=TopNav:ShopBYOP to check if your device is eligible to activate on Boost Mobile. If you have any other question or concern, feel free to reply.

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

4 y ago

Hey there, @Jess11! Thanks for inquiring about our services. At this moment, we are able to activate the Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950U) If purchased directly from Samsung. It must be the unlocked version. Bear in mind that, you must visit your nearest Boost Store in order to get a SIM Kit that will allow you to activate this phone. This SIM Kit will have a cost of $10 plus taxes and in-store fees.

3 Messages

4 y ago

I just want to make sure this information is right. Months ago this question was asked and the replies where no. On the BYOD list the Galaxy S8 is not listed

3 Messages

4 y ago

I just want to make sure this information is right. Months ago this question was asked and the replies where no. On the BYOD list the Galaxy S8 is not listed

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

4 y ago

Hi there bcfgov. We do apologize for all the misunderstanding. Please allow us to clear this out. If the Samsung Galaxy S8 is OEM Unlock (Original Equipment Manufacturer), The phone would be compatible. If the phone is Carrier unlocked, it is not compatible. Victor21

1 Message

4 y ago

Hello, 

I have been receiving conflicting reports regarding samsung galaxy s8 factory unlocked phone to boost mobile. 

When I call customer service, they say it is not compatible because it is not on the eligible list (as is shown on boostmobile website). However this thread shows that the factory unlocked samsung galaxy s8 is eligible.  How can I verify with a boost tech employee?

2 Messages

4 y ago

So if I were to buy the phone on Amazon, could this one be done, or did you mean that I would have to purchase directly from the factory?

Boost Care

• 

904 Messages

4 y ago

Yes, an OEM Unlocked from Amazon would do it, and if possible, test the IMEI number before purchasing the equipment.

EdwinRG

2 Messages

4 y ago

Thanks for the information, but not sure what the IMEI is, and how would I find this information as I'm ordering from Amazon........could you enlighten me please?

Thanks in advance.

Boost Care

• 

190 Messages

4 y ago

@Madamd68, IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity, it is a unique number that identifies your device. It can be found in the device settings or on the box of your phone (There is always a sticker on the back of the packaging box that contains the Galaxy S8 IMEI number.) Unfortunately, since your purchasing the device through Amazon, there is no way for you get this information beforehand. We'd suggest you to get the phone from our website, to check our promotions and deals by clicking on the following link: http://boost.co/2vL8KhR.

3 Messages

3 y ago

Hi, have an unlocked s8 with a boost sim card. I just bought brand new. However, I am getting an error when trying to switch my phone. I am a customer. It states on the list the s8 is eligible. How do I activate? Error states "There was a problem with the serial number you entered. Please check your device serial number and try entering it again." I tried the correct number multiple times. Please assist

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

Thanks for contacting us, SMoore02. We'll be happy to help.  Please, send us a private message your with phone number and PIN, IMEI and SIM card number.  to have a look at your account. .

Boost Care

• 

3.8K Messages

3 y ago

Hey there, detervillec! Our devices include a compatible SIM card. It should be inside the phone. You can proceed with your activation in this website http://boost.co/2og7dAU

2 Messages

3 y ago

I just got my S8 in the mail from boost, do i need to have a SIM card to activate it?